16 replies to this topic

#1 NorCalHawk

NorCalHawk

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

To all,

Well, it's a new year and winter is almost over if not all ready well, here in the west anyway.  That said, where will your 1st camping adventure be in 2015?

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

A Indiana State Park in late March to get back in the flow.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

Vancouver Island.... leaving 1 week from today,
I'll be tent camping, because I am poor and haven't purchased a Hawk (shell) yet.
I plan on visiting the FWC dealer while passing through Vancouver and I may place an order. If so, it will be built in time for my next vacation.

#4 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

Already been out once, twice if you count camping in XP Marc's driveway one night. Heading out 2nd week in March for a few days at Jalama Beach.

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

It was New Years Day in Death Valley.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

I'm looking at an afternoon high of 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC, and an expected low tomorrow morning in the low single digits if not all the way to zero.  Some of my Blue Ridge Mountains haunts will not reach zero today (Beech Mountain and Sugar Mountain having real-time readings in the single digits below zero today at about 3pm, Grandfather Mountain topping out at about 8 below, with 27 mph winds gusting to 41).  The 10 day forecasts show overnight lows in the 20s to teens, daytime highs in the 20s to 30s, and more snow every few days.  Long story short--winter isn't over in the East.  No Pineapple Express in these here parts.

Our first 2015 excursion is governed more by tax season work deadlines than weather.  We'll be going to Washington, NC (known regionally as "Little Washington", nestled on the banks of the Pamlico River, a splendid estuary).  Dates are April 17-19 and the event is the annual Cycle NC Coastal Ride.  We'll be setting up the pop-up in the Town of Washington among hundreds of other campers, tenters and RVs of various types.  I'm taking our kayak and some spinning tackle to hunt up some speckled trout and puppy drum while my wife rides (I don't do road cycling).  Evenings cooking out and hanging out with the visitors and locals.  Big trip much later in the summer will be NC to Montana and an 1,100 mile mostly gravel and sand cruise through western MT, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska before getting on the slab near Lincoln, NE.  Really looking forward to it.

Foy

#7 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

It was New Years Day in Death Valley.

x2. But on the Kern River.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#8 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

Foy-the sun is out and it's in the mid 60's here in high desert-another words, about 20-30 degrees above our usual temp---and oh yes, all the high country snow from that super storm we had (here at 4400' we had rain and super winds) is almost all  gone(25%  of normal snow pack here)--YOU got our temps and snow! I just got out of rehab for my back/hip, going to pop the top, hook up shore  power, and start to pack for a 3 plus weekend run, probably up to Eagle Lake/maybe Res "C". to see if the storm helped the lake level(s) at all (though I did hear that Pine Creek was running) and watch the stars at night.  I can't believe this is the first run of the year, while the weather has been so good (at least for WTWing)-, I've been stuck here  doing the back thing(as in things they don't tell you about retirement and when parts start to wear out :P) -but I'm getting ready for some serious adventuring late next week. Let's see put the VCR on record so I don't miss Bill Marr, and make sure I watch the first new Viking program of this year tonight ;) . Maybe I'll bring my new 12 1/2 foot telescoping latter too :D !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#9 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

March going to make a little trip to Baltimore. Plan on seeing Key West on the way back  ;)

#10 DesertDave

DesertDave

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationDayton NV

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

I was at Pinnacles the first weekend in January, enjoyed some cold weather there.  This weekend out again for some hiking and exploring in one of the local county parks (Mt. Madonna) for a couple days.

2014 Grandby FD on a 2007 F350

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users