#1 xrisx

xrisx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

Hi All,

I just recently picked up our 2015 Hawk Silver Spur and have a question regarding charging the AGM battery while connected to 110V power.  Will the battery charge with only the 30A breaker ON or does the 15A Breaker (Converter) have to be on too?  I want the battery to charge with minimal or no draw, such as the CO detector, etc.  Thanks

Mark

2010 Tundra DC 4x4

2015 Hawk Silver Spur

#2 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

I have to ask why are you worried about the position of the breakers other than on? If all the appliances are off, the only thing drawing power is the CO2 detector. If you want to make sure there's minimal load why not just push in the master switch?

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

Read Iota's IQ4 manual and decide on your best action. http://www.iotaengin...b/IQ4manual.pdf

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#4 xrisx

xrisx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the responses.  It does have the IOTA IQ4.  Kilroy, my thoughts are basically what your response was.  I have always used a battery tender for winter storage, just seeing what other people are doing with the new IOTA IQ4.  Looking forward to using it in about a month or so, surf trip to Tofino!

Mark

2010 Tundra DC 4x4

2015 Hawk Silver Spur

#5 photohc

photohc

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationSo. Calif.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hi All,

I just recently picked up our 2015 Hawk Silver Spur and have a question regarding charging the AGM battery while connected to 110V power.  Will the battery charge with only the 30A breaker ON or does the 15A Breaker (Converter) have to be on too?  I want the battery to charge with minimal or no draw, such as the CO detector, etc.  Thanks

In order for the battery to receive a charge, the DC switch, (the one that is a plunger) must be pulled out (on) in order for the battery to receive the charge from the IOTA. Pushing it in will disconnect the battery from the main fuse buss thus rendering no charge current to be sent to the battery. 

Ford 2018 F250 FX4,Lariat, Gasser. FWC 2013 Hawk W6QN (formerly KH6FBU)

#6 xrisx

xrisx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

I read all of the manuals, I just wanted to know if the battery would charge on 110V power when only the 30A breaker is on along with the master DC switch.  

Mark

2010 Tundra DC 4x4

2015 Hawk Silver Spur

#7 photohc

photohc

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationSo. Calif.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

Both the main 30 amp breaker and 15 amp converter breaker along with the main DC switch must be on.

Ford 2018 F250 FX4,Lariat, Gasser. FWC 2013 Hawk W6QN (formerly KH6FBU)

#8 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

Great thread.  I turn the power completely off when I put the camper in storage.  Every couple of weeks I check the Zamp controller and after nearly 2 months I'm still at 12.5amps for the 2 batteries.  All I have to do is pull the tarp back for a day to get solar input and I'm back up to 13.3.  I'm weighing on getting a portable solar pannel so I don't have to touch the tarp, just plug it in for the day.  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#9 wuck

wuck

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationPollock Pines, Sebastopol CA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

Both the main 30 amp breaker and 15 amp converter breaker along with the main DC switch must be on.

Bingo! This is true for my older ('03) Hawk.

--

Pat

Pat

'04 FWC Hawk

'15 F250 SD SuperCab / Short Bed

SuperDuty Mileage (Fuelly)

Trip Photos on Flickr 

#10 M1010 Mike

M1010 Mike

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

In order for the battery to receive a charge, the DC switch, (the one that is a plunger) must be pulled out (on) in order for the battery to receive the charge from the IOTA. Pushing it in will disconnect the battery from the main fuse buss thus rendering no charge current to be sent to the battery. 

Learned this one the hard way. Ran out of enough juice to power up the heater. Was a cold morning....

1984 Chevy M1010 Ambulance - Desert Turtle Build Thread
Sold: Build Thread on American Adventurist Dodge Ram and FWC Build

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users