#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hi Fellow Wanderers,

We now have a Photographers Forum under the Misc section of the website.   Janet and the technical team deserve a great big Thank You for making this happen.

Right now, we have moved the Landscape and Wildlife threads into the Forum, and we will create a few more.   It's undecided whether or not these will become sub-forums, or just remain threads.  For the time being, we are thinking that threads on Camera, Lenses and Gear,  Photography Technique, and Post Processing Technique would be good starting points.  If you have additional suggestions, please send them to one of the site team members so we can talk it over.

One thing the team would like to avoid in the forum is brand bashing.   I know that we all have our favorites when it comes to gear, but bashing the other brand should be avoided.  Constructive dialog comparing features and performance is fine.   Like always, the approach of Just Be Nice is the best.

The site team hopes you'll enjoy this addition.

I am haunted by waters

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,291 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Steve I thing that is a great idea.

This will separate the photos from the technical camera info.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

As important as photographs are to Wander the West, (and to populating trip bucket lists), :) this new forum should be a great asset. Thanks for creating it.

Perhaps, a thread to add links to older posts related to these subjects could act as an index to make the old posts easier to find.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#4 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

Bravo!  This should be a fun group.  Thanks Wandering Sagebrush and tech team.

I know some folks say gear doesn't matter, it's the photographer.  Certainly tools don't make the man, or woman.

But knowing how to use what you've got, and sharing how you create the image is valuable to me.  I encourage sharing of the EXIF, meaning the technical data of the camera, lens, aperture, shutter, iso and more.  

I'm looking forward to what other threads can be included.  Off the top of my head I can think of historical/mining, architecture, campers in action or at rest.   ;)

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#5 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

Gear does matter, somewhat. One thing that motivated me to upgrade my gear was pic I took of a waterfall. Totally  unexpected, not on any map and my cell phone camera just couldn't do it justice. Just something about the selfie craze though,  I dunno, maybe its an age thing. https://www.yahoo.co...7139633847.html

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users