• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cruiser79

Cruiser79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

Most trucks wich are used in US and Canada are quite different from the European trucks. I have a Landcruiser, and these dimensions are quite different than European and US trucks... If I compare the distance btween top of the cab and the bed, I see that that distance is much more at my landcruiser. On the sites of ATC and FWC I can only find floor plans. I'd like to see the dimensions from the sides from different models to check or I have to place a box underneath the camper. Under my sixpac I placed a 18 cm (7'') drawer to avoid the cabover touching the cabin. It works and give me some extra space, but it also raises the total height with 18 cm.
What is the distance from bed to cabin top from the average US truck?

Sent from my D5503 using Wander The West mobile app

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

Cruiser welcome.  I have a 2013 Ford F-250 crew cab long bed.  The distance between the bed and the top of the cab on my truck is approximately 45".  I would suggest taking all of the measurements in your bed (i.e. wheel well locations, width of wheel well, length of wheel well, bed length, height to top of rails and height to top of cab).  Send the information to ATC and FWC, along with some pictures and they can tell you what they can do and what modification you might have to make.  There is a guide on FWC (not sure about ATC) web site, but for American made trucks.  John

Edited by longhorn1, 30 July 2015 - 06:59 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

I have two trucks in my company.

The Ford Ranger is 37' from the bed to the top of the cab and the F-350 SRW is 45" like longhorns.

Good luck!

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#4 Cruiser79

Cruiser79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the replies so far! Distance at my cruiser is 45 '' as well. I want to do it other way round, I want to buy a 'standard' slide in, and place it on the flatbed I want to make on my cruiser. The gaps on both sides I want to use for boxes or tanks that I want to make out of the same alu sheets that FWC and ATC are using.
I hope that the distance btween the flat bed and the cabin will be quite the same as from a standard small size truck.

Sent from my D5503 using Wander The West mobile app

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

Welcome Cruiser79.

I just went out and measured my 1st Gen Toyota Tundra AC cab. From bed to roof it's 38"

That's a bed depth of 18" and cab roof to bed rails of 20".

Can't give other measurements as the camper is on the truck.

Best idea is check with Stan @ FWC,or Marty @ ATC.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users