4 replies to this topic

#1 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

My wife picked up pre-made single size pizza crusts. She spread the tomato paste, placed green onion slices, dried tomato slices, and artichoke heart slices topped with an Italian 3 blend cheese. I pre-heated our camping gas grill on high for 10 minutes, turned the dial to low, placed on pizzas ' s directly on the grill and cooked for 8 minutes. Half way through, I turned the grill completely off. You can adjust the time down and even cook it with the gas turned completely off early on. Our crust was brown and toasted like we like. jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#2 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

I've done it this way I also just added a cast iron lid for my Griswold No. 7 that allows me to do them on the stove for those times I don't want to break out the grill.  One of those dinners that you can always keep some basics in the camper for and tastes oh so good. 

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#3 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

I use english muffins, premade sauce and grated cheese. Toast the muffin first then load it up with pre sliced pepperoni and sausage. About ten minutes on the grill on low.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

Also check out the cornmeal crusts sold at many stores.

They come in a 2 pack and are a nice size,about 10".

They are so yummie.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

I've done it this way I also just added a cast iron lid for my Griswold No. 7 that allows me to do them on the stove for those times I don't want to break out the grill.  One of those dinners that you can always keep some basics in the camper for and tastes oh so good. 

Griswold is one of our favorites, as well as Warner!  We carry a #4 for sauces and a #7 which fits a tortilla perfectly.  

We're using Revereware for lids, and lids are critical for all kinds of cooking needs.  I'll often pour a bit of water from the coffee pot under a lid to steam up a pizza and melt the cheese.

At home we do the same on a cast iron flat pan called a comal in Mexico.  I turn cibatta bread into pizza servings frequently, including tonight with fresh basil, tomatoes from the garden, etc.  You get the picture.  

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users