• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonC

DonC

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBiahop

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

I have two rigid solar panels on my roof - about 18 lbs each with mounting hardware.  They are mounted to Yakima tracks so I have the option of moving them around.  I have two roof vents so the potential locations are front, center, rear - one will fit in each location.  The two panels are currently mounted center and rear.

In terms of lifting the roof, I can do it now with a little bit of foam for my head (also have the speaker stand), but I'll probably be adding external struts, so what is the best configuration?  My options are obviously

- center and rear (current)

- front and rear

- front and center

Don C

2012 FWC Fleet on a 2006 Tundra AC TRD 4 x 4

http://www.dchambersphotography.com/

#2 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Both my panels are mounted front and until I added the external struts yesterday I couldn't lift the front without the speaker stand crank after putting the panels on.  The rear of the panels also blocks the framing for the second vent so I may move it back to a center position at some point so I can if I decide that one fan just isn't enough.

If I had to do it over again I would've have mounted front and center positions to begin with, I want to leave the back available for a cargo box on the factory aluminum rack.

Edited by Cayuse, 30 August 2015 - 03:35 PM.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users