3 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

Here's a tutorial from Really Right Stuff (RRS). I suspect other makers will have something as well.

I am haunted by waters

#2 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Good video. I never thought about maintenance on my Gitzo. Guess I'll put that on the list :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#3 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Nice tip, WS!

I like how easy I can field strip my Gitzo.  After taking it into the ocean in Kauai, I disassembled the CF legs and twist locks and rinsed them with fresh water in the hotel sink.   I wiped down the parts and let them air dry overnight before reassembly.  I didn't have any bearing lube, but I should probably add some at this point.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#4 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

Good to watch, I have been using Philwood water proof bearing Grease for bicycles. That synthetic lube looks good.

Tip to help keep sand and dirt out of the lower joint threads is to always extent the lower leg out some to keep it out of the sand and dirt.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users