77 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Begins with autumnal equinox at 1:21 am (PDT) Wednesday September 23rd. Not much of summer left.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

Just about to hop in the pool to celebrate the last day of summer.

#3 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Could not get out to the desert to celebrate :huh: , so I bought me some books to tide me over until then! Did it seem to anyone else that this spring/summer went by real fast and had allot of strange to real strange weather and related  things going on -like why is it raining/snowing/gale winds or not and or why did I start a fire yesterday and today we just had the hottest [or coldest](on what ever date)  on record.  And all the fires and climatic  things :wacko:  that kept breaking records, boy I'm ready for that cycle to end and maybe have a nice colorful fall followed by a nice snowy winter :wub: ! We can only wish.

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

.......................................... I'm ready for that cycle to end and maybe have a nice colorful fall followed by a nice snowy winter :wub: ! We can only wish.

Smoke

I don't think we are going to get any color. On a walk last night we noticed all the dogwood and big leaf maple leaves are drying up and just falling off the trees. Sad.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:52 AM

Don't miss the equinox super moon with eclipse on Sunday.

I agree about the trees losing their leaves, but some of the East Side photographer reports have been encouraging.  I like to follow Yosemite photographer Michael Fry's blog

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the lunar reminder and the link Mr. Lighthawk! :)

#7 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

Welcome back,Lewis and Clark (209 years later).

So far nice fall day,but no rain in sight.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#8 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

I don't think we are going to get any color. On a walk last night we noticed all the dogwood and big leaf maple leaves are drying up and just falling off the trees. Sad.

A friend who lives in Bridgeport reported the same drought-related prospects on the east side...but he also posted some photos of beautiful fall-colored aspen, so maybe it won't be a total loss.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

I'll be experiencing fall, the first month or more, in the non-West -- midwest to east coast. Not trying to hit fall color there, but it may work out that way.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#10 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

I'll be experiencing fall, the first month or more, in the non-West -- midwest to east coast. Not trying to hit fall color there, but it may work out that way.

We are expecting a glorious fall color season since we had good rainfall all summer. It seems to be delayed a bit around here, but we saw trees changing in Canada and Michigan on our recent trip around Lake Superior.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users