• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

#2 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:21 AM

Do you have any pictures of how you use the struts to raise the roof. It is an idea that I have always thought would be a good additon to the campers. Just never sat down to really take a look at it. Sounds like you did a good job on it.

Happy Holidays

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

#3 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the answer. Gives me a good idea of how you did it. One of these days when we have the time to look into that I want to do some research on it. What type of strut did you use? Sounds like it was a strong enough one to actually lift the roof without much help.

I know what you mean about the welding. Jeff does all our welding right now. I have never been a welder, even with the right equipment.:)

Happy Holidays

Sincerely,

Ben

#4 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:23 AM

Thank you again for the reply. I understand what you mean about the pressure on the walls. I know of another manufacturer that has done a similar type of system that puts pressure on the walls in that fashion and after about 2 years the walls are bowing out on the camper in a bad way. I don't think our walls would even hold up to that much pressure in that fashion over time. I always thought of putting some type of strut like that in, just the opposite way so that the force would be down the length of the wall instead. Draw back to doing that is having the liner fold in correctly. The struts would be in the way of it. One of these days we will figure out something.

Thanks again for your time and information.

Sincerely,

Ben

#5 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the idea. Will take a look at that one and see what we can do with it.

Have a happy new year.

Sincerely,

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users