10 replies to this topic

#1 trgphoto

trgphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationJackson, WY

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

I have a new backup camera with license plate bracket made for a 2015 Tundra with the factory head unit. It has the factory harness so it can plug into the OEM system after you have removed your tailgate when installing a camper.

$200 new at Tailgatecamera.com

I'd like $100 for it.

taylor(at)trgphoto.com

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4310.JPG
  • IMG_4311.JPG
  • IMG_4312.JPG

#2 Moody

Moody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSandy, Utah (suburbia)

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

Do you still have this? If so I need it.

#3 Moody

Moody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:45 PM

Oops, didn’t look at the date.

#4 ArVee

ArVee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

Moody,

I was looking for the same remedy for my 2017 Tundra, since removing the tailgate and miss my backup camera.  Probably need the camera more since adding a camper and impaired visibility.   Today, I called tailagatecamera.com at 888-830-0561 and spoke with Brian, the owner.  He referred me to their other website for non-tailgate camera applications, backupcameraco.com.  He said he could attach an OEM Tundra harness and plug to the camera with the mount of my choice.  Brian explained what he could do to accommodate my request.  Impressed with his customer service.

From the backupcameraco.com website, I ordered a License Plate Lip Mount Color Camera with Hidden Mounting Bracket With MyGig Interface Harness.  Once the item is added to your cart, you can add a note about the vehicle and what you need done. Sale price $99.99 ends today.  Regular price $129.99.  Hope this is helpful.

Peter

<p>2017 ATC Ocelot 2017 Tundra TRD DC The journey is the destination ~ R. Alan Woods</p>
<p>

#5 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK Canada

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

Moody,

I was looking for the same remedy for my 2017 Tundra, since removing the tailgate and miss my backup camera.  Probably need the camera more since adding a camper and impaired visibility.   Today, I called tailagatecamera.com at 888-830-0561 and spoke with Brian, the owner.  He referred me to their other website for non-tailgate camera applications, backupcameraco.com.  He said he could attach an OEM Tundra harness and plug to the camera with the mount of my choice.  Brian explained what he could do to accommodate my request.  Impressed with his customer service.

From the backupcameraco.com website, I ordered a License Plate Lip Mount Color Camera with Hidden Mounting Bracket With MyGig Interface Harness.  Once the item is added to your cart, you can add a note about the vehicle and what you need done. Sale price $99.99 ends today.  Regular price $129.99.  Hope this is helpful.

Peter

they will send the proper wiring harness for 2014 to 2018 Tundra? With extra cable so you can mount the backup cam up the wall of the back of the camper unit??

#6 ArVee

ArVee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

Not an expert in these matters.  I rely on others:)  Suggest you look at their backup camera website and locate a camera suitable for your purpose.  Brian told me the harness he plans to use for my truck is 35" long, and I only needed 21". Plan to coil up the unused portion and secure with a zip tie. So, there may be enough harness length, depending on your placement.  You can also call Brian to confirm what will work for your truck.  He was very open to answering my questions. 

<p>2017 ATC Ocelot 2017 Tundra TRD DC The journey is the destination ~ R. Alan Woods</p>
<p>

#7 Moody

Moody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Good information, thank you.

#8 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Ooooh

I am looking for one of these for my 2014!

Cant find anything on their website for Tundras newer than 2013....

Did you retrofit this or is it just not listed on their site?

Thanks

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

#9 ArVee

ArVee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

Brian at tailgatecamera.com told me last week the 2014-2018 Tundra replacement camera & harness is not listed in their online catalog due to a small demand.  He said they obtain their harnesses & plugs from the same manufacturer as Toyota.  From their website, you can order the camera with mount of your choice and there is a place to leave a note to detail your vehicle and application.  Mention if you want parking lines or not.  Their # 888-830-0561.  Order from their sister site backupcameraco.com

I ordered a license plate frame mount camera and 2017 OEM replacement harness with connector plug on 12-01 and received it 12-06.  Took about 10 minutes to install.  Impressed with picture quality and ease of installation.  Happy to have a backup view again.

<p>

#10 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

Brian at tailgatecamera.com told me last week the 2014-2018 Tundra replacement camera & harness is not listed in their online catalog due to a small demand.  He said they obtain their harnesses & plugs from the same manufacturer as Toyota.  From their website, you can order the camera with mount of your choice and there is a place to leave a note to detail your vehicle and application.  Mention if you want parking lines or not.  Their # 888-830-0561.  Order from their sister site backupcameraco.com

I ordered a license plate frame mount camera and 2017 OEM replacement harness with connector plug on 12-01 and received it 12-06.  Took about 10 minutes to install.  Impressed with picture quality and ease of installation.  Happy to have a backup view again.

Thanks

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tundra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users