#1 cmck

cmck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:28 AM

I have finished up episode 4 of a series I do for the BC Toyota Dealers - I loaded up the Eagle Four Wheel Camper and headed off to Bella Coola in BC,

Hope you all enjoy, watch in HD if you can,  it's a amazing area to check out 

Edited by cmck, 24 November 2015 - 02:30 AM.

www.facebook.com/wildlifeandnaturephoto

www.digitalspark.ca

2013 Tacoma AC TRD - 2007 Eagle FWC

1995 Toyota Pick up 3.0 v6 1993 FWC Ranger 2 (sold)

#2 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

Enjoyed your tr! But I guess that's why we have a 4x4 and a pop-up camper-to get to, see (and maybe film)  and enjoy what's out there. As an aside " you carry bear spray when in bear country"?

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#3 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

Awesome stuff

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#4 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

Really great!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#5 cmck

cmck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

Enjoyed your it! But I guess that's why we have a 4x4 and a pop-up camper-to get to, see (and maybe film)  and enjoy what's out there. As an aside " you carry bear spray when in bear country"?

Smoke

Thanks Smoke, I usually have a can of bear spray and a bear banger somewhere on me when in bear country, That being said, these bears are pretty focused on the salmon and  seem to be pretty tolerant of humans . I often end up filming the same bears for a couple weeks and there individual personalities and habits really emerge so some I develop more comfort around than others.

Thanks for watching !

Chris

www.digitalspark.ca

#6 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

How lucky

#7 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

What times of year at Bella Coola are best cmck?  We have been in SE AK in June when the salmon are running and it is amazing. After reading Mark Hume's book, "River of the Angry Moon" I have been wanting to visit the area. Thanks for the post!

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#8 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Great video cmck!  -  It seems that you have inspired folks to visit the area and here is a suggestion that might work for some.  In 2000 we took the BC Ferry System's "Discovery Coast trip" (at least that is what they called it at the time) which departs from Port Hardy at the northern tip of Vancouver Island and meanders along the BC coast, terminating at Bella Coola.  You can then drive the Freedom Road (aka, "the Hill") east through Tweedsmuir South Provincial Park and on to Williams Lake in the interior of BC.  You could also go in the opposite direction.  We had a super time, but would like to have spent more time in the Bella Coola area. 

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#9 cmck

cmck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

For the Bears the best time of year is September and October.  My best times have been after the 2nd week of September. The salmon spawn varies a little each year, so to does the bears arrival. The colours in the trees and upper alpine is great late September too.

What times of year at Bella Coola are best cmck?  We have been in SE AK in June when the salmon are running and it is amazing. After reading Mark Hume's book, "River of the Angry Moon" I have been wanting to visit the area. Thanks for the post!

As missing link mentioned above there is a ferry service , but since his visit the schedule has been drastically cut back after mid September there is only one ferry a week and it is not a direct route so check it out if you plan on going with the ferry. Driving across the Chilcotins offers so many great routes that one can take a different route in and a 2nd route on the way back out. I would say the upper Chilcotin plateau  has some of the best gravel road exploring in the province

Well worth the Visit, Tweedsmuir Provincial Park is huge and once you leave the road there is nobody out there.

Thanks !

Chris 

Edited by cmck, 25 November 2015 - 05:55 PM.

www.digitalspark.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users