6 replies to this topic

#1 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

Any of you guys know where I can buy a set of the triangular centering guides that bolt to the bed? I considered maiking my own out of wood but I think the steel ones facillitate the camper sliding into possition better.

Jay

#2 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:30 AM

marty here.
would a chunk of angle iron or angle aluminum work. center on the front of your bed not the rear. truck bed are not always square. home depot has some small nice pieces of aluminum angle. happy new year. marty

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

Hi Marty,

The ones I had on my T100 were a "six inch on a side" triangle. They kept the camper from moving from side to side and sort of eased it into position when it was lowered into the bed. I got them at a garage sale and they worked really well. As always thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Jay

#4 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

I found them this morning at a local RV dealer in Ventura for I'm sure way more than I should have paid. $50. They're called camper guides and Lance either makes them or distributes them. The part # is DG100-01

#5 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

I am glad you found them. I have never heard about those things before. I will try not to forget about them for future projects. thanks for sharing with us. happy new year.
Marty

#6 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

Hey any help I can be to you or Ben is a plus for me. You guys have been so helpful to the rest of us. My guess is you guys can get these things form Lance for way less than $50. They're about
3/16 X 1 1/2 flat bar and are 6X6X4 1/2. Hell you could probably make them for next to nothing. I'm Heliarc challenged so I bought them.
Jay

Attached Thumbnails

• whatever 029.jpg

#7 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the photo. Your right on that one. Looks easy to build and I have never run across those before or had a customer mention them to me. Anything that we can make that will help our customers works for all of us in the long run.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterriancampers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users