• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bellevl

bellevl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

we have a 1981 Alaskan camper and can not seem to find a manual any where online or that came with it as we bought it in an auction sale...would anyone have one? our other problem is that we can not figure out the 110v wiring... nothing seems to work as far as the outlets or lights, we could really use some help in this department. Thank you

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:48 AM

I would call Bryan or Rick at Alaskan and see if they have something they can share.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Ripperj

Ripperj

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

I rebuilt a '84. The 110v system in the top half is simple stand alone system. Mine had 3 outlets and 2 over head lights. All these items were wire nutted together in the breaker box above the rear door. The system is powered by an extention cord that plugs into the outside drivers side fed outlet. There is just a single piece of romex going from the line side of the breaker over the door to the outside male connector, nothing is dasiy chained,all the outlets and both lights have their own romex to the breaker box. Mine is a 8' cabover, but drawings I have seen indicate all were wires similar. The location of the breaker box varied. There is a sticky thread above that has a crude drawing. Keith

#4 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

post a couple pictures of the interior...when I picked up my "new to me" CO I couldn't see the breaker box.....it was tucked in the drivers side overhead cabinet all the way forward...

unusual, as all I've seen prior had the box over the back door.

There are several manuals which are "sticky'd" at the top of the page....some have electrical diagrams for different years....maybe one will match

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiring, 110v, 12v, lights, outlet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users