Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

Yosemite this time.

https://www.nps.gov/...ualna-falls.htm

Anyone know a Phyllis M or someone that goes by Kino?

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#2 ACEBLACKDOG

ACEBLACKDOG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSOUTH LAKE TAHOE

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

I SPENT ABOUT 3 HOURS CLEANING GRAFFITI OF THE TOP OF MT TALLAC HERE IN SOUTH LAKE TAHOE LAST YEAR....

UNFORTUNATELY....IT IS GETTING WORSE....

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:56 PM

Some people sure get "bold" about where and what they write.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

also to add to this, the Casey Nocket vandalism case reached the sentencing hearing earlier this month -

Update: Woman Sentenced For Vandalism

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa, Calif

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Maybe I'm old...but have todays youth lost all control of their senses...or just the visible parts....

I could think of a couple other sentences...other than probation....

Maybe I should lose some of my controls (what ones are left) when I find someone with a can of paint out and about... :angry:

Do we have to deal with teenagers for the rest of our lives...why won't they just go away :blink:

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Rusty, many times I get to thinking the same as you but when I take a step back to look at the big picture I put the blame (poor word choice) on our larger population. The percentage of dummies (a polite word choice) is probably the same as before (and to be optimistic, maybe even a little less) but the overall number has increased with skyrocketing population.

My initial thoughts on the sentence was the same as yours, but I was not the judge with a real person standing in front of me, nor have I read the investigation reports on her. I'm going to trust the judge used his wisdom but I'm going to hope her community service involves really getting her hands and clothes dirty.

I know a place in Yosemite she can go clean up.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Here's one way to deal with the issue...  [link removed]. if you catch them, get photos and forward them on to appropriate law enforcement if it warrants that action.

Oops! Mr. 3Pin just pointed out that discussions are members only, and even though I am an administrator, I can't change the setting.

I am haunted by waters

#8 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

A friend of mine used to preach what he called "Retro-Active Birth Control." At the time I thought it a bit extreme and I still do, but it has its appealing moments.....

Thom

Where does that road go?

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

Here's one way to deal with the issue...   The Coyotus Destructus Wall of Shame.  if you catch them, get photos and forward them on to appropriate law enforcement if it warrants that action.

Mr. Sage, you get me all excited, I click, and read this -

"This group discussion is for members only."

I'll sit back down on the group w bench.

#10 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

Well rats! Since I'm an administrator of the group, let's see if I can fix that!

Nope, I can't, so here's a description of what the thread is about.

The group is for the photographers that frequent Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge.   To keep from losing privileges due to knuckleheads that can't follow rules, we have a thread where people can post photos of violations of the refuge rules.   Usually, it's just someone out of their auto during times that it isn't allowed, but sometimes it is a serious violation.  For example, idiots throwing rocks at coot chicks, or people harassing owlets.   The serious violations are sent in to Fish and Wildlife law enforcement.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users