• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

The week of July 4th, my trusty dog Dexter and I decided, against all common sense, to do a tour of hot springs in central Nevada.  In spite of the heat, we had a blast.

Here's a link to my blog post:

AIMLESS ROAMER-Central Nevada Hot Springs

nv-hot-springs-map-final-940x940.jpg

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

Looks like a fun trip, except for Dexter's mud bath. I just about snorted coffe out my nose on the "triple spinning heinie sniff."

Thanks for sharing!

I am haunted by waters

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

Thanks GD for the nice trip.

Always enjoy seeing the old mining areas out there.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 Rdy2Roam

Rdy2Roam

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

looks like a nice relaxing time. could use one of those trips myself.

#5 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

I enjoyed your report- a cool (hot?) organizing theme for a trip.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#6 Edgewood

Edgewood

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

I pulled into Belmont late one afternoon, years ago, to find one of my tires leaking. So as any reasonable person would do I went into the bar for a beer. Coming back outside the tire was still losing air! So I started jacking the truck up to switch to the spare. One of the grizzly older guys came out to see what was up. He helped me pull the tire, drove me up to his place and plugged it . Never knew about that!  Took me back to my truck and the bar where I bought him a whisky. Nice of him to help a young, long haired kid.

Probably didn't hurt that I was traveling with my very beautiful, scantily clad girlfriend.

#7 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:18 AM

I pulled into Belmont late one afternoon, years ago, to find one of my tires leaking. So as any reasonable person would do I went into the bar for a beer. Coming back outside the tire was still losing air! So I started jacking the truck up to switch to the spare. One of the grizzly older guys came out to see what was up. He helped me pull the tire, drove me up to his place and plugged it . Never knew about that!  Took me back to my truck and the bar where I bought him a whisky. Nice of him to help a young, long haired kid.

Probably didn't hurt that I was traveling with my very beautiful, scantily clad girlfriend.

A scantily clad girl never hurts...  Right now I'm having to rely only on the cuteness of my yellow lab to get by...

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#8 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for the report.  I'm going to have to rethink my beeline through Nevada to get south and start taking some time to umm soak in the scenery  :D

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#9 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

I really enjoyed this report-even got a new name or two to add to that ever growing list of places to see one day!  Oh yah, my border collie "Bob" liked  everything he saw, especially all those dogs Dexter met, but those flies-now that he just got his summer butch hair cut-were of now interest :P !  By the way there is nothing wrong with taking a hot spring tour in the middle of summer in the Great Basin-that's what WTWing is all about! 

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#10 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

Great report. Will file that away for a future trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users