#151 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

34942004482_fccbdbfb85_z.jpg
I went to some really awesome places in May -- Sedona, Grand Canyon, my favorite campsite ever (along the Colorado River), and Zion National Park

Website/Blog: MyWildDreams.net

#152 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

Leipheimer Is a regular in the local Cycling in the Marin / Napa area. Many yrs ago while on a Saturday ride with my wife and a bunch of friends. We were passed by a guy absolutely hauling arse up hill towing a damn kids trailer with two kids in it. Several guys in the group tried to hang with him and finally gave up. One of them was like dang that guy was moving. Then a couple of us told him who it was. His response was shock, disbelief then denial. I nearly had to pull over I was laughing so hard.

#153 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

Ha, that's cool. 

I was most excited about seeing Jan Ulrich. I think it's partly because he's German, and I assume there was a ton about him in the German press, but he seemed sort of quiet and mysterious to me because I never saw him saying much. And, no matter how much he was doping, the results he achieved are incredibly impressive. 

#154 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

New Blog Post: My Favorite Campsite

34259719444_9dd3fe876c_z.jpg

#155 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

35966794452_e0ffbd0ddb_z.jpg

lots of pictures.. LOTS. You can also read about my drone getting smashed to pieces.   :huh:

JULY - FAMILY AND SIDE TRIP

At the start of July, I’d just came into Colorado from Utah. I called my Dad to get input on where to go in Colorado. He told me about some places, and then said I should come out to Denver (where he lives) and go along with him out to Tennessee for a couple weeks. He’s thinking about moving there. My ~brother in law and nephew were also going to be going out there during that time. My brother and his girlfriend are also already out in that area. My aunt might be going too. On the way home, my BIL would stop at my Mom’s and Step Dad’s place for a few days. So… if I would just drive to Denver, I could tag along to the southeast U.S., and see all of my immediate family in one trip. 

So, of course I went. I’d never been out there, so it was cool to see that part of the country. It was strange just tagging along with people and I felt a little bit like a kid at times. 

I also hung out near and in Denver for about two weeks of time. 

And that was the whole month of July. 

PLANS - AUGUST AND LATER
For August, I’ll be up in the mountain in Colorado for the rest of the summer, heading southwest through the state. Then after that, it’s further southwest and, I still hope, into Mexico for the winter.

CRAZY TATTOO PLANS
There’s an artist in Toronto that I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo from. I used to go there for work so I was trying to schedule time with her during one of those trips. She’s too popular, and her booking process is too tight for that to have worked out. But now, I’ve gotten in during one of her booking periods. I’m looking at going out there in October.

I am approaching this as a challenge to see how inexpensively I can travel across the country. I’d be flying out from either Las Vegas or Los Angeles. I have points from all my previous work flying so those will cover the flights - well, just to Buffalo. Bus tickets from Buffalo to Toronto are very cheap. Now I’m trying to sort out a place. I have a couple good prospects already (one guy from another forum, and one other I know through Instagram). I’ll also need to sort out whether to do the tattoo small enough to all be done in one day, or a larger one that takes two sessions and 10 days in-between to heal. The two-day tattoo would add more complexity between available booking dates, when it would work to stay with someone, and whether staying 2 weeks is actually a good idea 

#156 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

Blog post - Star pictures in Utah
35966794452_e0ffbd0ddb_z.jpg

I shot a lot of astrophotography in Utah. This was my first real dive into shooting the night sky. 

#157 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Blog post - Zion Canyon: My Favorite Place in the World
36507434300_46b3c01620_z.jpg

Here are a few thoughts on and a LOT of pictures of Zion Canyon

Edited by my_wild_dreams_, 29 August 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#158 my_wild_dreams_

my_wild_dreams_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Blog post - August Adventures - Part 1 - Colorado
36292768253_fa7834ba80_z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic