• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

check the gear exchange board in the "used popup camper alert thread" at the top of the page

The interior is one of the best I've seen lately....exterior needs a little tlc...but the price is good

http://www.wanderthe...thread/page-237

Edited by Rusty, 24 July 2016 - 05:59 AM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#2 Rdy2Roam

Rdy2Roam

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

to bad it wasnt closer to florida id go pick it up today!

#3 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

you missed one a couple months ago...real nice one on it's original truck...barn find....in North Carolina...keep your eye out..they do come up back there

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#4 pawpaw

pawpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

No longer on the market but now sitting on my truck!  Hi I am new to this forum and have been following and learning for some time.  I have owned a couple of truck campers through the years and still have a real-lite 1999 camper we still enjoy and use often.   I finally pulled the trigger on this camper as it was close enough to my home in Missouri.  After 1200 miles and some scary camper jack moments loading I finally own an Alaskan Camper.  The first day home I cleaned and photographed inside and out and removed the old seals, added some hydraulic fluid and was able to raise and lower the top several times.    I cleaned the tracks and of course found some issues with doughty wood on the top part.  It has quite a bit of hail damage but overall I am happy with it. A new top skin is in the plans.  The lower portion of the camper is in very good shape with no soft or rotten wood that I can find so far.  The top portion will need rebuilt as it had water intrusion around the windows, the back vent and the front portion of the CO.  Here are some pics.

Clear Skies

Pawpaw

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3578B.jpg
  • IMG_3654B.jpg

#5 pawpaw

pawpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

Can't find a S/N however the manufacturing label shows Ft Lupton

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3587A.jpg

#6 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

if that was the one in Pueblo...you got a nice interior!!

hail damage is no more than a pebble finish...get in rain proof and have fun

Welcome to the herd :D

find yourself 4 reico titan or atwood tripod jacks and forget about loading anxiety.....

Edited by Rusty, 05 August 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#7 pawpaw

pawpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hi Rusty, yes this is the one from Pueblo.  I did not see any holes from the hail I believe the leaks are from poor maintenance and the sealants around the vents degrading.  I already am looking for jacks and will definitely add them to all four corners.  This was my first experience with two camper jacks.  Although they were in good shape and fairly new I will be selling them soon! 

I have not yet tested the appliances but everything looks well taken care of.  Here are some pics of the interior:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3627A.jpg
  • IMG_3662A.jpg

#8 pawpaw

pawpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

Here is a pic of the staining around the back vent and a pic of the front vent which looks good.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3659A.jpg
  • IMG_3623A.jpg

#9 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

OK....you've got one of the nicest interiors I've seen....here's the deal...

Original window and vent seal were done with linseed oil putty strips...they dry out and crack...that's why you'll see staining around the windows and vents....Pull the windows off...clean off the linseed oil putty...use a heat gun, it'll soften the putty......and replace it with butyl glazing tape....a 1/2x1/8" tape will do (available at any glass shop)....do the same for all the eyebrows....you'll have the thing sealed up for the winter...protect that ash interior....it's a jewel 

you can use glazing beads as an alternate...I would install 2 lines of beading and remove the excess that smooges out. 

Congrats....I wish my interior looked like that

After looking at your vent and the front...you'll want to do those forward and rear gutter seals too....they tend to pull away from the camper.  be careful with the aluminum guttering....they don't make it anymore and Alaskan doesn't use it anymore...consider replacing the vent....Hail damage....looks like a shotgun.... :o

Edited by Rusty, 05 August 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#10 pawpaw

pawpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:59 PM

Rusty,

I think it helped that this one probably stayed in a dry climate its whole life.  Pueblo gets 12 inches of rain annually.  I can't prove it was in a dry climate its entire life but the owner said he purchased it in Pueblo from the original owner.  What is your best guess on the date of build?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users