• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ken3737

ken3737

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

I own a 2013 Hawk with the typical 2 propane tank configuration. Last week we emptied tank #1 & switched to #2 but we're unable to light our stove. Also unable to light the propane heater. We re-filled tank #1 but weren't able to get that going either. Could it be a bad regulator?? The tech who filled our tank advised to open the tank slowly -- which we did. Thanks for your help...

#2 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Our '16 Hawk came with instructions to wait at least 10 mins after turning on the propane before lighting any appliance using the propane.  My understanding was this is due to safety flow valve that slowly opens to allow full flow upon initial pressurization.

Not certain if this helps you.

Phil

Edited by Wallowa, 24 July 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#3 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

I got one that does that too, I think it is the tank. 

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

These "new" safety valves can be a problem at times.

I haven't had any issues with my camper tank,I have a horizontal tank.

But on my home BBQ tank with a Weber Q,there are times that the flow isn't full and it doesn't get hot enough,

due to opening it to fast. The Weber answer was open the valve slowly.

Saying all that I did read that if you open the main valve slowly you shouldn't have any problems.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

The safety valve is designed to protect you in the case of a line rupture in the camper.  If there is a sudden full flow the safety valve shuts (like the new washing machine supply lines).  When you change bottles and hook to empty lines the safety sees that outflow and constricts, hence the 'open valve slow' advise.  FWC suggests using the stove to get the lines filled again.  All that being said, if you've left the valve open for 15 minutes and tried unsuccessfully to light the stove several times you may have a regulator problem.

'10 FWC Hawk - '06 Ram Megacab 3500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users