Photo
- - - - -

If money is no object which would you buy?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Star152

Star152

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

This is my first post and will me one of many. If cost was no object which pop up camper would be your first choice and why?

4wheel
ATC
Northstar
Hallmark
Outfitter
Alaskan
Palomino
Starcraft

Did I miss one......if so please add.

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

Welcome to the forum. Well if money is no object then a FWC of course! The others are all good campers. I'm on my second FWC so you could say I'm a satisfied customer. I like the FWC because of the light weight and the low profile. It also has a Zen simplicity that appeals to me. But the best camper is the one you like.

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Well if light weight was an important factor for you then you only have FWC, ATC, and Outfitter as choices. I would be interested in taking a close look at the Outfitters before making that choice.

#4 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

welcome to the forum,
phoenix is aslo an aluminum frame now.
marty

#5 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:07 AM

I think if money was REALLY no object I might consider buying the Wescott's Turtle lV. This is a custom FWC on a Ford Chassis. I think the guys from ATC might have had something to do with the building of their FWC. From all the places that camper went I'll bet the bugs where worked out of it! But right now I'm still looking for a used FWC "Ranger".:rolleyes:

#6 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:10 AM

If cost was no object which pop up camper would be your first choice and why?

..if cost were no object I would not consider any of the campers on your list. Here is my pick:
Posted Image
What do you mean it's not a pop-up camper? .. it pops up and you go camping in it!
Posted Image
http://www.unicat.ne...2-Programm.html

Cheers
Mark

#7 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:12 AM

Uh, holy crap. I want one of those Unimog thingys.

A guy here in Bend has an Earthroamer. You have to see one in person to really appreciate it.

#8 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:41 AM

I saw a EarthRoamer in Homer Alaska last August. They are HUGE!! You bet they are not made to go off road 4 wheeling. That's like owning a Cadillac Escalade and taking through the desert on the Baja 1000 course...NOT! Some creatures are for "lookin' good" some are for riding hard!:P

#9 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:45 AM

I saw a EarthRoamer in Homer Alaska last August. They are HUGE!! You bet they are not made to go off road 4 wheeling. That's like owning a Cadillac Escalade and taking through the desert on the Baja 1000 course...NOT! Some creatures are for "lookin' good" some are for riding hard!:P

Well if money were REALLY no object, I'd take one out and see what it could do :D

#10 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Well if money was no object I would get a 35' motor home, a chauffeur, one blond and one brunette, for cooking and cleaning of course, you can tell I am not married, and travel the country.

Now that the fantasy if over, back to reality. Of all the campers that you listed there, if weight is not an issue, the Alaskan is the Rolls Royce of pop ups. Heavy though. Built to last for years. You see some of them from the 60's still in use.

If light weight is a concern then the FWC or ATC.

If you are going to be doing some serious off roading the others that are listed will tear themselves up in a short time.

If you are just a weekend camper that stays on the highway, stores the camper for most of the year and takes care of it, then just about any camper will work. Just a matter of what you want to have in it and who offers you those features.

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users