• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:30 PM

This is a newer venture by a Northstar camper brother who has coupled with an Aussie Co. to distribute their line in the US and to add his campers to the overall line. I like some of the newer & Euro tech features they are utilizing, you may be familiar with already. I am looking for any opinion one could offer. I am looking at a 3/4 ton PU. It can be extended to 8' but I want to stay at 6.5'. They are going to work with me at customizing whatever works & still maintain feasibility for them. They are not being distributed yet, so I am dealing direct. My main issues are creating a dinette bed & widening the extended, but fixed, cab over bed. More of the weight is forward is this particular model. Do think a Ford with the newer aluminum body is as load bearing as a Chevy or a Toyota would be?
Thanks for your attention - Mark

Bundukort

Bunducamp 

Dometic wIndows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ioZNwhOpo

Truma water heater/furnace combi (4 ducts)
https://www.truma.co...ing-systems.php

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

That seem like a nice camper design.   I am certain that any 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton truck would handle it nicely.

The Dometic windows have one flaw, they scratch easily.   In our Northern Lite, we caught a couple of mesquite trees and put a little pin striping in them.  The screen and shade design is pretty nice, but you do have to open the screen to open or close the window.   In buggy country, that could be an issue.   Rain is not an issue, as the windows are hinged at the top.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

How long have you owned your Northstar and how would you rate your overall customer satisfaction? Any issues/problems to take into consideration going in initially? Thanks ahead for any replies.

Edited by Stokeme, 03 October 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

How long have you owned your Northstar and how would you rate your overall customer satisfaction? Any issues/problems to take into consideration going in initially? Thanks ahead for any replies.

We have a Northern Lite hard side camper (9-6 Queen SE) (http://www.northern-..._special_96.php ) not a Northstar. I'd rate customer satisfaction as pretty close to a 10. We've owned ours for 10 months now, and have about 5,000 miles on it.

I mentioned the ease with which the Windows scratch, but that's not the mfrs fault. So far, the issues I've noticed are pretty much non issues. One LED quit working, but just needed reseated. I thought my gray water valve had failed, but talked to the factory and learned that the plumbing comes out of the tank side, about 3/4 of an inch up from the bottom. So, if there is just a small amount of water in the tank, it won't drain unless the camper has a slight tilt to the left. The magnetic latch for the bathroom cabinet needs to be stronger, as it has come open on really rough roads. I just rigged a tie across it for travel. Lastly, there was a 'hole' on the bottom that looked like a possible void in the glass. In fact, it was a blow hole for air to escape when the glass was applied to the gel coat during the layup process. Trivial issues all.

The Northern Lite camper is very well made. It's also a Four Season camper.

Our previous hard side was a 2000 Fleetwood Caribou, which I renamed the Cariboo-boo. Poor construction and quality assurance, poor materials.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users