• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

I am at the "gotta get tires" stage. I have had two sets of Cooper AT3 's and like them. I find they do well on snow and rain.

I don't do a lot of mud other than dirt roads where we live and northern gravel roads  Noise ..... the first set (40K) were quiet. Different truck.....This latest set (40 K) developed a scallop on there inside...even though I rotated them and maintained good air pressure.... I think when I added the leaf pack the alignment was not done properly. I have decided to get them again and do another alignment same day! 

2001 Tacoma with 2011 Eagle

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Rob

Instagram  lordwoodcraft

#62 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

I ran the KO2s on my 1/2-ton Dodge and found that the MPGs were reduced (not by much) but also the treadlife suffered. Didn’t reach 30k. My Chevy had the Kumhos mentioned in the article when I bought it. The driver's front suffered tread separation pretty quickly. That may have been due to the fact that the truck sat around with a large Lance camper for quite awhile. I ended up going with Toyo AT2s and am happy with them. But yes, a reduction in MPGs. I just don’t know whether the added tall camper shell or the tires or both are responsible for that reduction.

I think you bring up an excellent point. Most any tire, when you reduce tire pressure, will do better offroad. Depending on your travels, will a less aggressive AT suffice? YMMV.
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users