#1 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

Just picked up my new AK 5.5 CO in Winlock, WA.  Met with Bryan Wheat and the whole crew in their new facility.  Impressed with the 20,000 square feet of brightly lit plant and the energized team.  Fun to walk in the saw dust and see firsthand the Alaskans coming together by craftsman.  (Having a challenge adding images to this post.)  

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Let me know if you need help posting. I'd love to see your camper!

I am haunted by waters

#3 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

Thanks, I will download images in three different cameras.  Includes some of the facility.  This is a new sized camper, a 5.5 to fit the 5.8 Chevy bed.  And yet, I was surprised and pleased to see the space inside.  I have watched this web site and followed the talented restorers. Reading with great interest their projects.  It helped me walking around the facility and looking at a campers coming together.  They are all beautiful and solid.  It will take a couple of days and then I will come back to figure this out.  I did put one in the gallery because I could not upload in the forum.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:31 PM

Looks nice. We visited the factory twice while shopping for a hard side camper. Although we didn't buy, I'm impressed by Alaskan Campers. Bryan and Rick were great to work with.

image.jpeg

Looks like you kept your tailgate, and can close it.

I am haunted by waters

#5 NorCalHawk

NorCalHawk

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

Sweet!!

#6 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Wow....5.5 feet...holy leprechaun batman.....I can't wait to see the interior

That's one way to cut the ferry costs to Canada...is the Cab over an extended one? 

is that a 1500 or a 2500.....it would seem as if a 1500 might be the ticket for this one....

Where's Brazill...

Edited by Rusty, 25 October 2016 - 12:01 AM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#7 tcorfey

tcorfey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area CA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

Linda, that looks great! and to think I sold my 2008 Ford same color and style as yours to get a one-ton with an 8' bed just so I could have a camper yet, if I would have waited 2 more years the solution would have come to me. Oh well congratulations!

#8 Rdy2Roam

Rdy2Roam

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

Very nice! heard a lot of good things about Alaskan campers and will probably purchase one next year. Cant wait!

#9 ExploreWithDon

ExploreWithDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMichigan's Upper Peninsula & Alaska

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

Looks great. Would love to see the inside :).

#10 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

<div>This is the Silverado 1500 with 5.3L engine and 4x4 &amp; tow packages. There is a backup camera in the tailgate and it is operational. The scissor steps from Alaskan are very sturdy and come from a supplier in Oregon. I stepped out one early morning and had ice on the tailgate, the steps held up well in getting me to the ground and not headfirst. The cab is extended as someone asked. It is larger than I expected, but I let Bryan do his magic. The result is the camper has a feeling of room. The couch rolls out but is smaller. I start reading a book in it and fall asleep. Two-burner stove, Norcool Fridg, Furnace, sink, porta potty. Have images in the gallery because I am having trouble loading here. Also, weight of camper is 1273 lbs which includes water and propane. Will publish more once I unpack and download cameras. Just getting back from 19 days and 6600 miles on the road to pickup camper. Really enjoyed my visited with the Alaskan Camper Company team.</div>

Edited by Linda Norman, 26 October 2016 - 12:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users