4 replies to this topic

#1 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

I continue to struggle on uploading individual photos.  I have some wildlife and mountain photos to share.  When I try and up load, it says the photo size is too large.  If I click on the photo image, it wants the URL, which I have no clue as to what that is and where I find it.  Could someone give me the step by step to uploading photos.  I placed one in my gallery but don't know how to move it to the wildlife thread.  So any help on loading a picture from my photo file to a post and/or from my gallery to a post would be great.  Thanks,  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

JD, send me a pm with your cell number and I will try and help. I typically do not load photos to the gallery, but rather to an external site like Flickr, or I load directly to the post I am working on.

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator, and is a way of addressing places on the Internet. For example www.wanderthewest.com is a URL.
Steve

I am haunted by waters

#3 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Steve,  thanks for all your help trying to guide me through this mess.  This morning I removed Picasa from my office computer and set up a Flickr account.  I uploaded my photos to Flickr.  I tried my cell phone for uploads to WTW, but once I'm on the WTW site there isn't anything on my phone that allows me to upload a picture.  I also tired to pull a picture off the blog, but that didn't work.  There isn't anyway to change the photo size on Flickr, so for the moment I'm still not able to upload a photo as it keeps saying the size is too large.  I tried downloading one of the photo shop apps, and it ended up downloading 5 apps for spyware, etc., but not the photo shop app.  It took me 30 minutes to un-install all of that.

I think I need some type of photo shop app that is easy to use and allows me to crop and perform some simple touch-up tasks.  Hopefully someone can help with that.

This whole process has been extremely frustrating, seeing all of these large pictures on the wildlife post, and only being able to load a thumbnail which is hard to see.  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

John, on your phone/tablet click the "More Reply Options" button. That will bring up the buttons to upload from a phone or tablet. It will not, to the best of my knowledge, allow you to link to Flickr by using the 'image address' as I haven't found a way to right click. It may allow you to get the BBC code. I will try that and let you know if it works.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

I give up... I don't know how to make it work on a mobile device... GHAAAAAAAAAA! Frustrating!

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users