• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

Sounds great! Congrats and looking forward to your trip reports.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#12 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

wow, I read your story and I can relate. I need surgery on L4, L5 as well. and blew out my shoulder doing down hill mountain biking. slept in tent for years until the coyotes in the desert make it impossible to sleep. then bought a crew cab gmc so I could put a twin air mattress in back seat folded down. but I am 6 foot 7. LOL so I have not camped since memorial day. same as you I came into a little cash flow. looked for used hawks, but they always sell within 3 days of ad. I was even willing to drive out of state. so im lucky to also have a local FWC dealer very near me. (within 3 miles) I ordered a new hawk last august. I will have mine by thanksgiving. super excited, as I know your excitement. congrats on your find.    

That is awesome man!  I race DH and broke my damn collarbone this summer. really puts a damper on life.  you gotta post some pics and stuff. 

#13 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

Yes, I like Fruita, CO

i LOVE LOVE me some Fruita!   In short the trip went great.  thank you so much. i will be writing up the new blog.  I wrote the  www.jackalopeadventures.com as well as started it so im a bit overwhelmed. Please forgive the basicness of the site right now.  Also, i just got a townhome in park city (that i  will gladly air b n b and live in the hawk!)    

#14 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:00 AM

Congrats on the camper!

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#15 OpenSpace

OpenSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColorado Plateau

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

Congrats Neversummer! Just got a used Hallmark and loving it. Grew up climbing and mtn. biking (broke my collarbone a few times biking) and sleeping on the ground. Best of luck on the blog - looking forward to it! 

www.wildlandtrekking.com

#16 dakozicki

dakozicki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationReno Area

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

Great success story? I started checking our FWC's last fall when I needed a camper to stay in while duck hunting.  I can totally relate to the fact that good used ones are hard to come by and new ones take FOREVER to get.  My story was one of luck as my 2015 Hawk had been bought by a guy in So Cal who went through a divorce and never used it.  Then it was bought by a guy from Georgia who brought his wife out to California to get it.  The wife liked the concept, but not that particular Hawk layout, so they ordered a new one.  He put it on Craigslist with the story and said he was heading north from So Cal.  I hit it just right.  He brought the camper to my work and then my house in the SF Bay Area.  I bought it and have no regrets as it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.  I tell people it is absolutely luxurious.  I am 6'6" and sleep so comfortably in it.  I am also lucky enough to have the factory located between me and my hunting.  The people at FWC are the BEST!  They set up my truck, gave me advice on airbags and have installed a FoxWing awning and rear flood lights.  I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have.

• 2007.5 Chevrolet 2500HD Z71 crew cab with a 2" level kit and RideRite airbags
  • 2015 FWC Hawk with Silver Spur interior, front dinette, and a Batwing awning.
  • 2015 BMW R1200 GSA
  • Hobie ProAngler 14

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hawk, fourwheelcamper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users