Inflatable kayak

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Taku

Taku

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

We bought a Tributary Strike2 inflatable. It can be used solo or tandem. One of the reasons was wanting a durable boat that weighs under 50# for flying to Alaska and the boat being fairly bulletproof from leaks on longer wilderness trips. Can put a skeg on it for tracking. I am sure that lot's of the boats mentioned will work, just depends on what you are looking for all around. We have a larger welded step for the camper that the boat can be strapped onto whilst traveling.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

#42 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

Just ordered an Aquaglide Chelan Tandem XL HB from airkayaks.com.  They were a joy to work with and the boat/pump and paddles should be here by the weekend.  Looking forward to taking it along on trips with the camper as well as being able to explore some local waterways.  Might even look at doing a self-contained trip down the San Juan with it in the near future.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab

Off Road Utility Trailer

Not enough time to go exploring.

#43 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

The New Guy

• Site Team
  • 5,545 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

Nice kayak.Similar to my Advanced Design.

They make a nice space saving alternative

to a canoe.

Enjoy.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#44 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

First trip with our Advanced Element kayak. We bought the Island Voyage model, it is well made with welded seams, quality boston valves, replaceable air bladders inside fairly heavy canvas/pvc fabric tubes. Takes right at 4 minutes to inflate. The inflation pressure recommended is enough to make the boat very rigid. paddles very wll but doesn't not have the glide distance of a hard kayak when you stop paddling. All in all I'm very pleased with our purchase. Lists for 399. but found it at REI on sale for 20% off. P.S. Not covinced kayak paddles are best, going to try using my canoe paddles next time.

#45 wildlife2019

wildlife2019

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationFarmingdale

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

Advanced elements airfusion evo inflatable kayak or a Pakboats kayak

I'm leaning towards the airfusion.  Will decide shortly.

Citizen of the World

https://nyti.ms/2HghC9D Jan 17, 2019 Vicki Goldberg NYT Art section Ansel Adams

https://www.census.gov/popclock/  "Net gain of one person every 14 seconds"

#46 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Got the boat out twice over the weekend.  Saturday with two of us for a flatwater get comfortable session and Sunday we took two of the dogs on some moving water down the Salt River.  Saw a few bands of horses during the float as well.

gallery_5386_1154_1808570.jpg

gallery_5386_1154_1443673.jpg

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab

Off Road Utility Trailer

Not enough time to go exploring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users