36 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:32 AM

Last year I found Nature's Path instant organic oatmeal at Costco, and it's both tasty and easy to prepare. And, like many things you buy at Costco, you'll never find it there again. When I ran out recently, I searched the Internet and found that you can order it from Walmart. While not my favorite place to shop, I do like the oatmeal.

It's non GMO and vegan if that is important. You get Apple Cinnamon, Multigrain Raisin, Flax Plus and Maple Nut. No, I'm not a granola... The oatmeal is just good.

Now, I just need to find a place to store it. I bought 2 boxes with 48 packets each.

I am haunted by waters

#2 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

Mmmmmm..... oatmeal! :D  

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#3 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:18 AM

You can usually find stuff like that on Amazon.

The same thing happened to me with Kodiak Flapjacks last year.  Costco carried them.  I fell in love with them and then they stopped carrying them.  I found them on Amazon, but fortunately Costco started carrying them again, so I bought 2 boxes.

#4 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

*2 on the Kodiak Flapjacks. I've learned to always buy a lifetime supply of anything I really like at Costco because it usually disappears as soon as I realize I like it. Of course with Costco product sizes, that is usually no more than three or four purchases of the item. :P

Instead of instant oatmeal that I used to eat regularly, I find I like the Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli. It's really good, easy to prepare, and sticks with me all morning.

http://www.bobsredmi...yle-muesli.html

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#5 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

With all instant oatmeal I discard the box and stack them in a large-ish Tuperware container.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#6 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Sounds good!

I always have 2 or 3 boxes of Trader Joe's Instant Oatmeal with Flaxseed on hand.  Add a 1/4 of wild blueberries to sweeten it up.

Nice to know Nature's Path is good and available through Amazon so it can be dropped shipped when traveling.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#7 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

oatmeal....   available through Amazon so it can be dropped shipped when traveling.

That's funny  :)   What a world we live in today.

#8 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Drones ahoy!

Frank

PS

I think we can still get it at our Costco,but we also like Bob's Red Mill products.

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#9 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

Hmmm, never been a huge oatmeal fan but I know it is good for us health wise. Maple nut sounds good. This post got me thinking though. If I'm boiling water for my coffee anyway why not boil more and get 2 things out of one boil. I may have to get some oatmeal for future trips.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#10 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

Hmmm, never been a huge oatmeal fan but I know it is good for us health wise. Maple nut sounds good. This post got me thinking though. If I'm boiling water for my coffee anyway why not boil more and get 2 things out of one boil. I may have to get some oatmeal for future trips.

I ate it everyday for about 2 years straight (plain with a few raisins).  I hate oatmeal now  :P

Honestly I think it is the best breakfast for you in the world and you can add anything you want.

The best thing about it is you never crave simple carbs when you eat it and it really does keep you satisfied for hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users