31 replies to this topic

#31 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Get's a "charge" out of camping!

• Members
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:10 AM

Some folks look puzzled as I have 2" hitch on the front of my truck that I use to move equipment around and into tight spots in the barn. It is very easy to see where you are going. I also store my camper on a wagon that goes in the barn for winter and that is also easier with this set up. If I get a winch it can be mounted both front and rear depending.

Bicycles... I have a bike rack that goes into the 2" hitch in the front. It is nice as the camper rear door is not blocked and the bikes can stay there with a lock. Visibility is also fine and the headlights are not blocked. A bit more weight moved forward as well.

which rack are you using for that front mount?  The wheels on on bike look a little low to the ground... ever crunched those on a steep incline?

2006 Silverado 3500 ext cab 8' bed LBZ, FASS, EGT delete, 5" exhaust, FTE Resonator, MotorOps 50 HP Tow Tune

2005 Hawk Shell built the way I like it - SOLD

2012 ATC Puma (Grandby) shell - build started!

#32 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:48 AM

I think I bought it from Cabela's 25 years ago... it is heavy, made of steel pipe. We drove 4,000 miles through New Brunswick, Maine and though never on bad off road it did fine. My bike ha a crossbar but my wife's has to have an adapter to hang it on the rack and the front wheel is low but a foot of clearance works. I am mindful when pulling into a parking space that the curbing may cause a problem. I would feel more comfortable with it higher and will ponder a fix.

2001 Tacoma with 2011 Eagle

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Rob

Instagram  lordwoodcraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users