13 replies to this topic

#1 Rust

Rust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:25 AM

Hey, folks.  We're in the market for an 8' pop-up.  Would be mated with a long bed F-250 gasser.  We're trying to keep the weight within GVWR, so the really large 9.5 footers would be pushing our limit once all our gear is added.  Ideal model might be the Northstar 850sc.  However, we're open to any camper that meets our needs. 

Must haves include:

• interior shower
  • general kitchen equipment (stove, fridge, etc.)
  • furnace

Wants include:

• roof rack
  • air conditioner (it gets warm here and we don't have mountains to escape to)
  • I can add these myself if necessary

We live in OKC, but travel home to UT through CO frequently.  NM, AZ, and WY aren't too far out of the way either.

Thanks!

Edited by Rust, 02 February 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#2 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

http://cosprings.cra...5868374579.html

I just bought an 2010 850 myself.

"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#3 Rust

Rust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:57 AM

Thanks for posting. That one caught my eye as well. I emailed last week, but it doesn't have the subzero package. According to the Northstar website, the subzero package includes additional insulation in the frame, so I'm hesitant to buy uninsulated and try to DIY a solution. I've been accused of overthinking these kinds of things though.

#4 Rust

Rust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:26 AM

Doing a little research tonight.  I learned that Northstar didn't debut their subzero package until the 2015 model year.  That will change my search.  Removed insulation from my must-have list.  I'll just come up with a DIY solution.

Edited by Rust, 16 December 2016 - 01:27 AM.

#5 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

Doing a little research tonight.  I learned that Northstar didn't debut their subzero package until the 2015 model year.  That will change my search.  Removed insulation from my must-have list.  I'll just come up with a DIY solution.

I was going to mention that, I saw one in Denver, a 2015 23K, I searched for about 3 months, these things aren't as plentiful as I imagined, the most in one area was either Boise, or Denver for some reason, I wanted an 800 at first, but for the extra 8" I'll take the inside shower, they do make an arctic pack for these campers, and I'm about to order one, I do know where there is a loaded 2012 TC 800 in So Cal, I almost bought it, I ended up with this one for 9k which was a pretty good deal, considering that it looked unused to me, keep looking, and good luck.

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_1img_0509.jpg

Edited by the fisherman, 16 December 2016 - 02:00 AM.

"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#6 Rust

Rust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:24 AM

That's a great looking rig, fisherman.  I agree with you on the shower.  My wife and I cycle a lot in the summer.  Having the ability to shower after a ride would be a huge luxury.

I have a similar truck (stock suspension).  How does your rig handle on and off pavement?  Any issues worth noting?

#7 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

That's a great looking rig, fisherman.  I agree with you on the shower.  My wife and I cycle a lot in the summer.  Having the ability to shower after a ride would be a huge luxury.

I have a similar truck (stock suspension).  How does your rig handle on and off pavement?  Any issues worth noting?

No issues at all, however that is a pretty built up Ford, Deaver spring packs, and some bags, are what's holding it up for the most part.

#8 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

No issues at all, however that is a pretty built up Ford, Deaver spring packs, and some bags, are what's holding it up for the most part.

http://missoula.crai...5891775552.html

#9 Rust

Rust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:09 AM

Nice.  That one looks like its been cared for.  It's a long haul from me, but worth a call.

I assume I'll have to put some bags on mine at a minimum.  The install process looks fairly straight forward.  Plus, if you get the big compressor, it looks like you can add on a 2 gallon tank and have air for tires.

#10 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Nice.  That one looks like its been cared for.  It's a long haul from me, but worth a call.

I assume I'll have to put some bags on mine at a minimum.  The install process looks fairly straight forward.  Plus, if you get the big compressor, it looks like you can add on a 2 gallon tank and have air for tires.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0338.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users