36 replies to this topic

#31 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

I have a picture of it in post #13. Several green wires and one yellow one.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Wander The West mobile app

Have you uncoiled those wires to take a better look?  Seems like I see a fuse on the yellow wire, and that the green wires are all made common by those junction blocks?

#32 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

I checked those wires last night. they become live once you place a 15a fuse in the port for flood lights. they are the junction for both flood lights. the yellow is either for porch light or a second porch light. I forget. because there is already a 5a fuse in place for the ceiling lights. maybe yellow 5a is for the second ceiling light. I will chase that wire next just for info.

#33 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

correction, ceiling is 7.5, porch is 10a. not sure what that yellow 5a fuse/wire is for. will chase it during the weekend weather permitted.

#34 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

done, pulling wall from under lift panel was no fun. green wire went into a panel. but was a dead end. way different than older models. i took pics. installed a rigid flood rv light where fwc puts the their floods. very nice install area on the inside with a good ground. hooked up to my basspro shops power panel and the fwc fuse block into the #1 flood position with 15a fuse. works perfect. lights up my trailer for loading and unloading at night.

Edited by tree, 29 January 2017 - 07:03 PM.

#35 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:26 AM

Hi Tree

On my 2012 Hawk shell the green wire with 5 amp inline fuse is for running lights.

David Graves

#36 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi Tree

On my 2012 Hawk shell the green wire with 5 amp inline fuse is for running lights.

David Graves

I seen those. there are 2 sets of green wires in the hawk. light green and dark green. don't let the shades fool you. mine starts dark at the fuse block, and goes to a junction for both floods. found the dead end for one side. was lighter green. used it with no issues. I stayed clear of the running light circuit.

#37 lzpup

lzpup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

Picture of my victron battery monitor shunt in the battery compartment. I have a hawk shell with the tower , battery on right , furnace on left and stove on top

gallery_5532_1348_251213.jpeg

%5D[/URL]" />

%5D[/URL]" />

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar, battery monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users