22 replies to this topic

#21 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

Update on the stock Propex thermostat:  Tested it today with outside temps at 20*F.  The furnace does fire up when at the lowest setting (which I thought was equivalent to "off"), and heats the camper up to 32*F.  Meaning that the stock lowest setting is perfect for not freezing in a light sleeping bag, and the next lowest is a comfy with outside clothes on 62*F.  

It would be nice to be able to change those settings, but that's how it is setup stock.   I can live with that!

#22 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:39 AM

Update on the stock Propex thermostat:  Tested it today with outside temps at 20*F.  The furnace does fire up when at the lowest setting (which I thought was equivalent to "off"), and heats the camper up to 32*F.  Meaning that the stock lowest setting is perfect for not freezing in a light sleeping bag, and the next lowest is a comfy with outside clothes on 62*F.  

It would be nice to be able to change those settings, but that's how it is setup stock.   I can live with that!

What is the interior temp when the heater is set on high?

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#23 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:24 AM

Dunno ... but it has many more "clicks" past the first two.  Haven't wanted it much warmer, yet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users