• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

No change required in the turnbuckles other than to loosen and retighten them after relocating the camper forward.  Ron

#12 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Check out Aluminess. I have their aluminum front and rear bumpers and storage box. Not the cheapest option but they work very well.

#13 Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:05 AM

I like the CBI bumper with the swing out arm that hold the Aluminess box, jerry cans, and propane oven. The steps mounted in the hitch is very cool too!

#14 SLOwag

SLOwag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

I highly recommend CBI for what you're asking your bumper to do. They are very friendly, innovative, and skilled craftsmen that will customize their products to fit your needs (they worked patiently with me).

2009 Tacoma 4x4 short bed DCab - OME 885 front, Dakar rear w/ Ride-Rite air bags, Nitrocharger shocks. Hankook ATM 265/75/16

#15 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFallon, NV

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

A couple of other options for front bumpers, both offer incredible quality and service.

http://www.pelfreybilt.com/

and

http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/

2010 Tacoma DCLB   2012 FWC Eagle

2017 F350 4x4 -  Super Doody Flushed

2019 DCLB Tundra - 2012 FWC Granby

#16 jeffreywanderson9

jeffreywanderson9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys, question here I am hoping someone can answer. I have a 2016 Tacoma long bed and have a FWC Fleet on the way. I am not sure how far it will stick out of the bed but want to buy a C4 rear bumper with swing-out. My only concern is I don't know if the swingout will come into contact with the camper or not. If so, besides removing or modifying the front rubber bumpers, how would I modify the swingout to fix this possible future problem? Anyone have a 3rd gen Tacoma with a FWC that's using the C4 rear bumper? I know a guy with a CBI rear bumper and swingout that had to modify his 3 inches extension. Thanks in advance!!

#17 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Jeffrey, what is the length of your bed??

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#18 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

I think you can buy Aluminess rear bumpers without swing arms and the extension they use for FWC's should work as well. Not sure if they make them for gen 3 Tacos yet.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#19 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

I have a 2016 Tacoma, but with a fleet flatbed, so no help on bumper selection.   However, if you really want a rear bumper with swing outs, it may be worth looking for one in almuninium as stalking light suggests.   The Tacoma is really pretty maxed out weight wise with just the Fleet (unless you have an empty shell) so I would be cautious of adding several hundred pounds that far behind the rear axel.   Even with my heavily upgraded suspension, I notice when I have my 1up hitch mount bike rack and two mtbs hanging off the back, and not in a good way. 

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#20 Kokopelli

Kokopelli

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDurango, Colorado

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

I put this hitch step in my rear hitch - it is kind of like a mini bumper extending some protection for the camper.  I am on my 3rd one - the first I did back into a post and it protected the camper, the second took a hit on a sharp 4wd road incline - take it out if the road has steep transitions - makes the rear end too long.  I like it for parking, etc - will protect someone from bumping the camper.  Wouldn't do a lot in a big crash, but for the little things it's great - and pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Our 3 step step ladder fits perfect behind it (the wife likes that).  For just me I will usually just use the hitch step.

Rick 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4x4 NISMO. Ride-Rite air bags. 2008 Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users