• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Corisam

Corisam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:54 AM

About a month ago, I visited the 4wheel people in Woodland and a week or so later, looked up the All Terrain people in North East Sacramento. I worked in the final assembly area of 727/737 (Renton) and 747 (Everett) for Boeing as an industrial engineer - so, have seen my share of manufacturing/assembly, especially with aluminum. Some of you out there may well be in the process of shopping for a pop top camper - or will be - as am I. I am not shopping for a conventionally designed camper, so design/manufacturing flexibility is important........for instance, I wanted some additional strength in several places. I want big windows on each side, rear and forward toward the truck cab. I do not want a cab over.........stuff like that. My gut feeling was that Four wheel could deliver a good, built to proven design product - I mean, we're not talking space shuttles here - the assembly and design are what matter and certainly four wheel should have their proven designs down pat. All Terrain has a flexibility that Four Wheel doesn't - and I had the feeling that the actual 'building hands' that would touch the camper at All Terrain were the more knowledgeable and experienced. But that was just my take.......Good luck, all.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users