• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 denloe

denloe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

I'm in the market for a FWC and truck. I currently live in the Virgin Islands, but miss the mountains so much I'm going to invest in a "vacation home" camper to leave with friends out west. Along these lines it needs to be fairly turnkey, as I want to spend my time with the camper...well....camping. And skiing, hiking, climbing, etc. Not fixing it. Or the truck. 

I'm open to a Tacoma or Tundra. Probably looking at the early-2000's models. In terms of the truck I'm expecting to spend around $10K. For the camper I'm budgeting $10-15K. Important items for me -- water pump + tank, heater, awning, good mechanical jacks. A solar panel would be a huge bonus. I'm not really that picky about the rest. I want it to be clean, dry, and not in need of too many repairs initially. 

Anyone have any strong advice or leads on a truck or camper? In a perfect world I'd buy the whole thing as a combo. Living in the Virgin Islands efficiency and convenience is my priority. If someone has the whole shebang I'd be willing to pay top dollar for it and get on a plane tomorrow....

Thanks!

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:39 AM

Go to the the Gear Exchange on this site to look and post for a used camper. There is a ATC Couger at a good price. Good luck. jd

Edited by longhorn1, 26 February 2017 - 01:43 AM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 Mark G

Mark G

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationMeadow Vista, CA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Take a look at cars.com for trucks.  At that price it'll be a pretty high mileage vehicle.  You might take a look at Fords.  They don't get high ratings but I'm nearly done with my third Ranger since '87 and I'll be looking for a fourth.  They were made by Mazda.

#4 Dangersnake

Dangersnake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Are you still looking for truck and camper?  I have a 2017 fleet and 2017 Tacoma TRD offroad pkg.  maybe not exactly what your looking for but let me know if interest.  Will be posting add and pictures soon with price.  It will be blue book on the toyota with 7000 miles on it, $31,475 , fleet shell with side dinette, awning, furnance, fantastic fan plus extra vent cost 17600, haven't come up with a hard price on it yet.

Nick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted, Hawk, Fleet, Kestrel, Grandby, Four Wheel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users