2 replies to this topic

#1 cbamos

cbamos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I wanted to bring to folks' attention and solicit any advice on what happened to our water pump in my 2010 FWC Hawk. I filled the water tank for our first trip of the year - the camper has been on the truck all winter with the water tank empty - and turned on pump and faucet to pressurize the system. Usually, if the tank is empty, it spits air for a little bit while the pump pressurizes. In any case, the pump wouldn't pressurize, and I suddenly noticed that the floor in front of the water tank was flooded. 

I looked at the the pump while it was running, which seemed to work fine with the faucet on. But, as soon as I turned the faucet off to pressurize the line, water started shooting out of the black plastic end of the pump (see the photo). 

Does anyone have an idea of what happened? I did not blow out the lines with air, so perhaps it froze with some water in it this winter and damaged the pump. Anyway, new pump is on the way ($55 shipped from flojet), so hopefully that will take care of it.

33672736821_21b22572d4_z.jpg

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

Cbamos, depending on your temperatures it sounds like a freezing issue. We empty our tanks and run anti-freeze through the pump and lines and have 2-1/2-3 gallons of RV Anti-freeze in the tank. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 cbamos

cbamos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

Installed a new pump ($55 shipped from Flojet. It seems to work fine, although it's still really noisy. The way these are mounted to the interior cabinet wall makes it act like a drum head...

Also, the instructions included with the new pump recommend unhooking the quick disconnect fittings after draining the pump / tank while winterizing. Seems like a good idea, and it could have saved me a hassle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leak, water pump, FWC Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users