• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:12 AM

Pushed 'submit' on the order for the Sea Eagle and will give it a try.  The more I read about the rivers and creeks being blown out this year, I figure I'm going to try some of the smaller still waters and see how it goes.  I'll update this after I give it a try - ETA is 6/1.    

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#12 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

Well I "accidentally" bought a boat of sorts. Since I have Klymit inflatable pads in my camper and really like them I was on their eBay store yesterday and saw their inflatable dinghy/pack raft. Seeing the "make an offer" on there I threw out $100. Should have put a lower amount for the first try but they accepted my offer. Well now I need a packable paddle. It will see some action this summer in the Owens Valley.

I've seen people doing light rapids with them and also packing them with backpacking packs it isn't my primary goal. It is light and compact so it should be ok for my light use intent.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#13 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

A bit of an aside, but there is an Oregon Field Guide episode about floating the Wenaha River in Pack rafts. Season 28, Episode 6.

http://www.opb.org/t...n/programs/ofg/

I am haunted by waters

#14 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Vic, you're going to fight the wind in a raft like this. I'd consider a good float tube first.

I'd be interested in what float tube you'd recommend  (I'm on a wicked tight budget!)

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

I'd be interested in what float tube you'd recommend  (I'm on a wicked tight budget!)

Watch Craigslist. I have an inexpensive basic tube that I traded for about 30 years ago. If you can find one, a U shaped tube that is easy to get into would be good. Remember to walk backwards with the fins on, otherwise it's embarrassing when you're trying to get up after tripping over the flippers.

I am haunted by waters

#16 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

I will indeed ... I am also watching for a beat-up 4x6 trailer onto which I will put the camper to move it about. So float tube open at the front and a trailer.... I like the idea of floating around ...fishing too...maybe even catching

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#17 robdog

robdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Hello new to the forum & this topic caught my fancy. I just purchased a Sea Eagle PackFish7. Took it out on the Northern California Delta. I am experiencing a learning curve & it seems I need to take it out more. Just curious if anyone else has bought one & I wanted to read their experiences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users