#11 todgru

todgru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationMaupin, OR

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Here is a pic of my version of the flexible panel mounting: Flexible solar panel mounted to the roof

#12 Alvis

Alvis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

Alvis, are you still happy with your setup? Anything you would do differently?

I see that Solar Blvd. is currently out of the 120 Watt flexible panels, but I talked to someone there today who told me they hope to get their next shipment sometime in Sept.

EnviroProf, I have been very pleased with this setup (energy harvested, weight, low profile).  With the way I secured the ends (threaded rod), I could probably mod it to tilt up on one end, but have not wanted to mess with that yet.  

2015 F150 Supercab 6.5 foot bed 2.7

2016 ATC Ocelot side dinette

http://alvisontheroad.blogspot.com/

#13 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

This is great to hear. I was looking for panels about the same time that folks started having problems with the Renology flex panels.

So I ended up buying a conventional Solar Cynergy glass 160 watt panel. It works great but I'd love to get rid of some of that weight.

I had been thinking of starting a new thread just to see if someone had found a new quality flex panel.

#14 carld

carld

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationDecatur Texas

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

I have my setup for two years now.  Two KINGSOLAR 50W (100 W total) Semi Flexible Solar Panel connected in series with a Viltron Energy Blue Solar MPPT smart charger controller and their MPPT Control/Monitor.  The total cost was about $400.  The mounting frame is made out of  1/8" x 1" aluminum to match the mounting holes of the panels to the roof screws on one side of the roof. I still use the strong arm method of raising the roof.  The panels weigh 2.2 lbs each and the frame is around 2 lbs. 

So far I noticed some flakes of the clear coat used on the panels which I clean off every once and a while.  The Control Monitor shows battery voltage and current, load current, solar panel watts and solar panel voltage plus a other stuff I don't look at.  In two years I have never had any electrical problems and the peak output on sunny summer days is around 60W. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1791.jpg

Edited by carld, 26 August 2017 - 03:47 PM.

2002 Tundra AC 4x4 with 2015 Ocelot

2006 Tundra AC 4x4 with 2018 78" Ocelot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar, ATC, Ocelot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users