• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,054 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Always thought Airstreams were cool.... for some this might be the "FWC of the Airstreams:

https://www.washingt...m=.9bbf8d76a57c

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#2 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

They look cool, I checked them out. They also look uncomfortable, the mattresses are only 2"😨

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Always thought Airstreams were cool.... for some this might be the "FWC of the Airstreams:

https://www.washingt...m=.9bbf8d76a57c

I have a neighbor who has been following them and going to purchase one.

They are nice and not very cluttered inside.

Still don't like to tow anything.

I'll stick with my Bobcat.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,257 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

When the second edition of the basecamp showed up the Lady loved the photos and videos. We traveled down to the Bay Area to see it in person. We did not like it, especially for the asking price. The Bambi - for a bit more money - was a much much nicer trailer.

If someday we add a small trailer to our adventure gear, it will most likely be a Casita from our research thus far. Half the price makes it even more attractive.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

When the second edition showed up the Lady loved the photos and videos. We traveled down to the Bay Ara to see it in person. We did not like it, especially for the asking price. The Bambi - for a bit more money - was a much much nicer trailer.

If someday we add a small trailer to our adventure gear, it will most likely be a Casita from our research thus far. Half the price makes in even more attractive.

My thoughts also on the Basecamp,very expensive. The Casita is IMO a better value and even lighter to tow.

BUT I'll still stick to the ATC.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,054 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

That is funny... a long time ago my wife and I were doing the Skyline drive then the Parkway by motorcycle...we ended up going to Charleston and coming home via the outer banks (it is a shame they let so much development there...Cape Cape was saved by the National Seashore 50 years ago...but I digress...as usual) ... we passed a trailer in tow (had a bumper sticker ...I go where I'm towed to) .. .. we folded and had a nice chat with the couple who was renting it and loved it and it was a Casita... I thought it looked light. At that time it was just a fanciful thought.... I am happy as can be with the Eagle... 

I just like the look of them instead of the 'road barns' ....streamlined like a Buck Rogers Art Deco Rockets. 

Reminds me of the movie "Raising Arizona" ... watching the sun set 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#7 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

--snip--
we ended up going to Charleston and coming home via the outer banks (it is a shame they let so much development there...Cape Cape was saved by the National Seashore 50 years ago...but I digress...as usual) ...
--snip--

Back in 1970-71, I was part of a team that tried to get the National Seashore extended north through Corolla. At that time, only the Copper roofed duck hunting lodge, a PO and a few other things were there. Took many photos of landscape, birds, plus aerial photos. We created a booklet and made presentation to Mo Udall & others. However, we failed to convince Washington of the value of expanding the National Seashore.
Actually, I always suspected that we just raised awareness of the area as a gem for vacation home development for the elites in DC as that is apparently what happened. I looked at satellite photos of the area a couple of years ago & was blown away by the scope of development.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#8 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Since I'm going to throw away the basecamp brochure, I will post photos in multiple posts:

Attached File  New Doc 2017-05-07_1.jpg   173.11K   41 downloads 

Attached File  New Doc 2017-05-07_2.jpg   188.38K   38 downloads

#9 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Attached File  New Doc 2017-05-07_3.jpg   235.51K   27 downloads

Attached File  New Doc 2017-05-07_4.jpg   128.42K   27 downloads

#10 BobM

BobM

• Members