2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#42 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Depressing isn't the word I would use for it but the words I would choose would take things beyond PG in a hurry.  

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#43 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

Depressing isn't the word I would use for it but the words I would choose would take things beyond PG in a hurry.  

me too

#44 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Well guys, it's not going to get any better-they didn't properly fund the wild horse program (probably on purpose, since it competes with cattle and sheep grazing). Now this gives them an excuse to kill off or slaughter all the horses (as they are proposing now). Yep, I know  there are to many horses out there and if they would properly fund the programs that work it might help to fix problem----but they are doing it so they can increase the number of cattle and sheep out there. Manage for the few I guess-gotta make that buck, get rid of the public input and all those environmental reg's, then abuse our public land-maybe sell it off to the highest bidder or increase the user fees so only the rich can enjoy them. 

Sorry, on another tirade, but after all these years of trying to learn how to manage the land right,  and just when we were sort of getting the hang of it-this bunch comes in and turns the world up side down!  Wild horse Annie where are you when we need you! 

Write those letters and send those emails!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 31 October 2017 - 08:51 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#45 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Well guys, it's not going to get any better-they didn't properly fund the wild horse program (probably on purpose, since it competes with cattle and sheep grazing). Now this gives them an excuse to kill off or slaughter all the horses (as they are proposing now). Yep, I know  there are to many horses out there and if they would properly fund the programs that work it might help to fix problem----but they are doing it so they can increase the number of cattle and sheep out there. Manage for the few I guess-gotta make that buck, get rid of the public input and all those environmental reg's, then abuse our public land-maybe sell it off to the highest bidder or increase the user fees so only the rich can enjoy them. 

Sorry, on another tirade, but after all these years of trying to learn how to manage the land right,  and just when we were sort of getting the hang of it-this bunch comes in and turns the world up side down!  Wild horse Annie where are you when we need you! 

Write those letters and send those emails!

Smoke

I have no idea how many wild horses populate the plains...

Between 1988-1995 American Airlines flew from RDU (Raleigh-Durham) to Paris-Orly nightly.  Every night a Boeing 767-200 carried 20,000# of horse meat to Paris.  The Feds built a windowless freezer building near the southwest end of Runway 5L/23R for the sole purpose of storing 500,000# of horse meat for future shipping.

I do not know which airline currently holds the BLM horse meat contract for transport to the EU today, but, it continues to be big business for the Fed regardless of political affiliation and/or administration.

One of those ugly little international trade/business deals that has flown under the radar for decades.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#46 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Knowledge is power. For those who want to read some present information of the current situation in the Dept of Interior and the plans for public land.

http://beta.latimes....-htmlstory.html

https://www.thedaily...plorable-member

Alaska drilling in the wildlife sanctuary is on the fast track as well.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#47 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

I have no idea how many wild horses populate the plains...

Between 1988-1995 American Airlines flew from RDU (Raleigh-Durham) to Paris-Orly nightly.  Every night a Boeing 767-200 carried 20,000# of horse meat to Paris.  The Feds built a windowless freezer building near the southwest end of Runway 5L/23R for the sole purpose of storing 500,000# of horse meat for future shipping.

I do not know which airline currently holds the BLM horse meat contract for transport to the EU today, but, it continues to be big business for the Fed regardless of political affiliation and/or administration.

One of those ugly little international trade/business deals that has flown under the radar for decades.

This implies that like the cattle rancher vs. the shepherd grazing disputes of years ago, there is a federal horse rancher vs private cattle/sheep rancher grazing dispute today. Can't imagine who might have the upper hand there, even though the horse & burro may be considered invasive species.

A bright light should send the cockroaches scattering if such a light could be found. ;)

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#48 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Fwiw,

15 of the 27 monuments being discussed were dedicated between '08 and '16. Seems disproportionate.
Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#49 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Fwiw,
15 of the 27 monuments being discussed were dedicated between '08 and '16. Seems disproportionate.

It seems to very disproportionate, I wonder why... Also interesting that Zinke is proposing a new monument (Two Medicine Country) in Montana, his home state. I wonder if there are some aspirations for a statewide office...

I am haunted by waters

#50 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

It seems to very disproportionate, I wonder why... Also interesting that Zinke is proposing a new monument (Two Medicine Country) in Montana, his home state. I wonder if there are some aspirations for a statewide office...

Not getting "political",but it seems that everything #44 did #45 is undoing.

Just a thought.

But there are still the courts and all the groups to fight the madness.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: National Monuments, Bears Ears, Utah, Nevada, Mojave Trails, Gold Butte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users