#1 Colorado CJ

Colorado CJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

Here's a quick video shot a few minutes from my home with my new Mavic Pro

I've been a photographer for many years, but these are my first tries in cinematography.  I have A LOT to learn, but it should be a lot of fun.

This was filmed at a local hiking area called Devil's Backbone.  Shot in 2.7K at 30

Here's a still from the video

Unfortunately I'm going to have to return this one as the right side of the video is blurry, a known issue with the Mavics.  I'll be requesting a new one though, this thing has HUGE potential as a tool for my photography and in getting my feet wet in cinematography.

#2 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Well done, Andrew.

I watched it several times on the Retina screen on my laptop and that was quite good.  But then I noticed the 'Play on TV' icon and 'cast' it to my big-screen TV.  Wonderful-wonderful!

After watching it maybe a dozen times I went looking for other Youtube clips of Devil's Backbone and that just pointed out how good yours is.  That brought me back for more viewings and each time I felt like I was noticing some new detail, i.e., your intro-outro, the canal, the structure atop the backbone, the surroundings, the changes in perspective in the dissolves, etc.

Thank you!

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users