#1 munchmeister

munchmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

Noob in all respects, just bought a used FWC Raven, 2015 shell model. I think the only option that the original owner had installed were the jack stands. The camper has some wires stubbed out for a yet-to-be installed plug to connect it to the truck and these wires run into the interior where there are a number of terminations and a small fuse panel. The back of the unit and the top both have the SAE connectors and it came with 2 sets of SAE connectors with ring terminals.

It has LED lighting inside and an outside LED porch light, as well as cab marker lights (it is 80" wide.)

I would like to get a small 12v marine battery or two 6v to wire together to power the lights in the unit as well as the porch light. Don't want to use the truck battery for this. The small cabinet area around the wheel well looks like there would be room for a couple of 6v so they could be used, wired in series. Then I gotta figure out how to use the existing system's wiring to attach the right battery wires to the system, in order to power up the lights.

I thought there might be some of you out there with shell's that had done something similar who could give me a pointer or two.

Another thought I had was to just use the SAE plug on the outside wall and plug that into an external battery, just to allow use of the LED interior lights. I don't know if this would work or if I would have to have a battery which is connected to that anyway.

I've got an email message and call into FWC to see if they can help but thought I'd ask here, as well.

File of the wiring and label attached.

TIA !!

Attached Thumbnails

• Wiring COLLAGE.jpg

2015 FWC Raven shell, on a 2007 Ford F-150 XLT short box crew cab :D

#2 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

Those SAE plugs are the input for solar panels. They are probably coiled up under the left bench.

Check my camper build thread in my sig. I have an Eagle shell.

#3 munchmeister

munchmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Thanks, @Squatch. I just got this thing home and still need to install proper eyebolts for tie downs and get the wiring from the truck to the camper completed as well. Once I get that done, on to some battery power and maybe I will have heard from FWC by then.

2015 FWC Raven shell, on a 2007 Ford F-150 XLT short box crew cab :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raven, fwc, solar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users