5 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

We put a new, more powerful fuel injected engine on the boat for wandering at higher elevations. The old engine was carbureted, and lost a lot of power when we went to the higher lakes.

IMG_0691.JPG

I am haunted by waters

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

You're going to like that Suzuki. A fishing buddy has one on his boat & it is very reliable, quiet, & easy on fuel.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:25 AM

Thanks Paul, I liked my Honda, too, but it just didn't have enough power when we loaded the boat up for a couple of weeks of camp cruising. Twenty five more horse and fuel injection will help a lot.

What do you have on your Arima?

I am haunted by waters

#4 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:11 AM

Cool looking boat WS.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#5 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

Thanks Paul, I liked my Honda, too, but it just didn't have enough power when we loaded the boat up for a couple of weeks of camp cruising. Twenty five more horse and fuel injection will help a lot.
What do you have on your Arima?

A 90 horse EFI Yamaha. Really more power than needed on a SC16, but it was on the boat with 3 hours run time when I bought the boat. I would have preferred the 70 hp to save the weight on the stern. No complaints with the engine. Would like the SC 19 with a skip tower but can't justify it.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#6 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

I think if I had purchased an EFI motor originally, I would not have felt the need to repower. Yes, a 90 is a lot of motor on a 16, but it's nice to have the additional power when crossing the bar.

I'm surprised you wouldn't want to go with a SR 21. That is one of the nicest riding small sea boats I've fished. We took a friends 21 tuna fishing, and ended up 63 miles offshore. I've not fished a skip tower, but the headroom looks nice! When I had my SR 17, my first power boat, I found that anytime I took a splash on the fore deck, it would shoot up between the windshield and vinyl top. I don't know if that would happen with a skip tower. I guess it doesn't mater, because anytime it's that rough... I'm staying home now.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users