17 replies to this topic

#11 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

When I added my second fan I used a relay so both fans would come on at the same time. Seems more efficient to me than having to remember to switch the second fan on and off.
Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#12 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

I'm completing my fridge fan installation today but taking a different approach by mounting the fan in the lower vent to pull outside air into the space rather than in the upper vent to push cabinet air out of the space. I'm using a small fan removed from some electronic device in the past. It's only about 20 CFM, but as the volume of air behind the fridge is only about one cubic foot, that should be more than enough air exchange. Fan consumes 0.14amp & is very quiet.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#13 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

My camper originally came with a 3 way fridge and FWC installed a fan in the exterior vent controlled by a thermal switch in the space behind the fridge. When I converted to a compressor fridge I left it there.

Another problem is that Isotherm / Truckfridge have the compressor mounted in the upper right corner. In my case it was a tight fit in the cabinet creating a closed area that restricted air circulation over the condenser coils. To solve this problem I installed a vent in the cabinet next to the coils that allows cooling air to escape.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#14 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

My camper originally came with a 3 way fridge and FWC installed a fan in the exterior vent controlled by a thermal switch in the space behind the fridge. When I converted to a compressor fridge I left it there.

Another problem is that Isotherm / Truckfridge have the compressor mounted in the upper right corner. In my case it was a tight fit in the cabinet creating a closed area that restricted air circulation over the condenser coils. To solve this problem I installed a vent in the cabinet next to the coils that allows cooling air to escape.

Ditto.  This is a big 140mm 12v fan that I tied into the wiring for the existing fridge fan.  It moves a LOT of air and is nearly silent.

Fridge view

#15 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

I think most of the 2 ways come with two vents to the outside, one by the compressor for air exhaust and another down at the bottom for air intake. At least that's the way mine came.

Charlie...
Stalking Light

#16 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Not the TruckFridge like I have.

#17 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

I meant the FWCs with 2 ways. There are two outside vents in my Eagle.
Charlie...
Stalking Light

#18 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Pulled our fans out to get at the new 2-way's connections to trouble-shoot. Found what I'd done wrong, and didn't put the fans back. Inaugural trip to see the appoc-eclipse. New fridge doesn't appear to need them at all. Might put them back as a just-in-case feature, but I'm doubting the need.

Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users