14 replies to this topic

#1 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

fwc.jpg fwc.jpg I bought this awesome camper last november 2016 and put it in on my 2006 Tundra It's been amazing in all types of weather: zero degrees in Tahoe, rainstorm in Moab and deep in the woods in Colorado. I fixed some issues with cosmetic stuff and I put a new battery in November 2016. I bought a townhome and there is no space to store it so it must go. comes with thermal liner and everything that it could come with in 2002. 3 way fridge, sink, stove, furnace, storage, fold out couch, slide out top bed, linoleum floor. external jacks.  clean. I am in Park City, UT you can call me or text me 4356596609 -Corey.

I went on nada blue book for this year and model and i had it a bit overpriced.  i lowered it accordingly. 

-----------------

2006 Toyota Tundra . 199K.  carfax in hand, title in hand. Clean, no accidents, very well maintained highway miles (been across this great land of ours twice and never had a problem). Leather seats just repaired all rips in the front seats, new weathertech molded floor mats front n rear, custom stereo with boston acoustic all around and 300watt amp, new spray in liner.  I could priobably get 10K for it but just want to get a new truck before winter. 

****UPDATE UPDATE***
video! I did a walk around interior and exterior with some little things that i found with the camper.

walk around: https://youtu.be/5cwRtdod1cc

full ad on KSL.com  with all pics :   https://www.ksl.com/...listing/4089850

Attached Thumbnails

• fwc3.jpg
  • fwc4.jpg
  • fwc10.jpg

Edited by Neversummer70, 16 November 2017 - 06:03 PM.

#2 hartzke

hartzke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

I am beginning to look for a used Hawk model for my '97 Ford F-25 short bed.  Do you have pictures of the camper interior?  Exactly what things does your model have?  Exactly what things aren't in excellent working condition?

Larry Hartzke

#3 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

hi, i will be back in Utah later tonight and will take pictures. 

my model has everything but solar and and awning.  It has: 3 way fridge, stove, sink, 20 gallon water tank, propane furnace, 2 way ceiling fan, LED interior lighting, LED exterior flood lights, new battery, thermal lining system that can be added.removed to the pop up with velcro.   
The following is all the little nuances i found while owning the camper and any problems i had: 
Nothing major is broken in the camper.  There was a gas leak when i bought it and a tiny roof leak i noticed when it really rained out.  I sealed the roof leak and had a guy find a fix the gas leak.  The only problem i find with it is the AC plug doesnt work, it may be a fuse or wonky wiring but i mostly used the car lighter type charger for my iphone etc anyways so it was a non issue.  There are a few little cosmetic issues that i found when i bought it that i have been fixing. for example the upper bed pulls out to a king size bed (or you can leave it as a twin bed like i usually do) and the wood panel the original owner had on there that you pull on was stapled in, so when you pulled on it to pull the bed out it popped right off. I replaced that with 4 L brackets and a 2x4, I still have the wood panel but its not as "pretty". (Im more about function than fashion).   i will throw in the wood paneling for free ! :)

I added modifications:  there was no bungees for the front of the camper top when i bought it. so when you go to pull the top down you had to run around to the front of the truck and tuck in the rubber before closing. Just annoying if its cold or raining. So I added two home depot bungees and now it works great.   The Fold out sofa had a weak support structure so i strengthened it with some more cut 2 x 4 inside of the frame (you cant see it unless you open the sofa).  I also noticed the legs of the fold out couch were barely on there, so if you have kids jumping on it they could buckle.  Again, i barely folded it out but i kinda wanted to fix every little thing. 

Hope this helps in your decision. This really is an amazing camper.  I am really impressed by how easy it is to drive with it on there, no floating, and how it can withstand even the harshest of weather. Feel free to text me directly if you have any more questions: Corey 435 659 6609

#4 Hardcastle

Hardcastle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

The only problem i find with it is the AC plug doesnt work, it may be a fuse or wonky wiring but i mostly used the car lighter type charger for my iphone etc anyways so it was a non issue.  

Does it work when you're plugged into an AC power source? I thought there was something wrong with my camper as well but then after looking into how it's wired it's this way by design. If i'm on 12v battery power only my 12v socket worked. When i plugged into 110v AC power (rarely) then my AC plug worked. 

Bump for a sweet camper. I have a friend who is interested so hopefully he contacts you soon. 

2008 Tundra TRD Crew Cab & Four Wheel Camper Hawk

#5 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

Does it work when you're plugged into an AC power source? I thought there was something wrong with my camper as well but then after looking into how it's wired it's this way by design. If i'm on 12v battery power only my 12v socket worked. When i plugged into 110v AC power (rarely) then my AC plug worked. 

Bump for a sweet camper. I have a friend who is interested so hopefully he contacts you soon. 

oh sweet! i will check that out. totally makes sense!   thanks fellow Utard!

#6 Moody

Moody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSandy, Utah (suburbia)

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Interested in your camper, and I am in Sandy, Utah. I'll contact you.

#7 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Interested in your camper, and I am in Sandy, Utah. I'll contact you.

sounds good.  4356596609

#8 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

previous buyer couldnt get financing.  Putting it back up for sale. 

Comes with everything offered in 02- sink, gas stove, 20 gal tank, 3 way fridge, fold out sofa, pull out top bed, thermal layer, furnace, LED lights, 12V, flood lights, screen door, roof rack.  Comes with external jacks as well.  

blue book value is 7200 before all the amenities.  $7400 and will include the i-bolts and metal tie downs and two pallets with locking casters for storage . PLEASE no dreamers.  

Attached Thumbnails

• camper-outside.jpg
  • camper-outside2.jpg
  • camper-small1.jpg
  • camper-small2.jpg
  • camper-small3.jpg
  • camper-small4.jpg
  • camper-small6.jpg

#9 shellback

shellback

• Members
  • 336 posts