12 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

I hope I never need that list but I think I'll print it and stash it just in case. 

They're making some good progress today. Just hope its enough for when the predicted winds pick up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#12 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

Pass it on!
One good deed deserves another.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#13 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

I looked around and found that there were more than one place that would MATCH your donation to the Red Cross and you could stipulate it go to Sonoma Country (we are in Marin) so I went with that.

Then I went to the Marin Humane Society over in Bel Marin Keys to volunteer as they have been taking in a lot of pets from those who were burned out and I knew a friend whose house in Coffee Park was a total loss had to take his five cats there. He found temporary lodging with friends who had dogs I think so the cats could not stay there.

Anyway, they told me they had plenty of volunteers so I just hung around and played with the one of his cats that used to live where he worked and that knew me. So I did a donation there as well since they are pretty much full or the regular strays and abandoned animals up for adoption and now were taking in pets who needed temporary shelter as well.

So...I went into the room the cats were snoozing in and made a little "kiss-kiss" noise I had taught Cross-Eyed Mary over the last couple years meant I was there with treats and a brushing at the shop. Now I hadn't seen her in over three months but as soon as she heard that sound, she popped out of a cat bed and came to me.

Here is the little lady doing her best lap dance for me and getting a treat or two:

Attached Thumbnails

• Cross-eyed Mary.jpg

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users