• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bsharp007

bsharp007

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:51 AM

Ok so I pulled out the alternator power plug that attaches to the camper last time camping, breaking the three prong plug.  Ordered another matching plug since that one was ruined but never tested it until today when I put the camper on.  Unfortunately I must have wired one of the three wires wrong because the camper running lights don't go off.  An electrician I'm not, but I'm wondering if a whippy person knows what I wired wrong??

Edited by bsharp007, 15 October 2017 - 02:52 AM.

Will,  2019 Ford F150 with a 2022 Hawk

#2 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

Bsharp007 hi
Can you post a photo. Don't see how that is the problem. Are you charging from the truck battery to camper battery.
How are the camper running light hooked up, to your trailer hook up?
Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

Going from memory (could be faulty)... you should have one wire that is the camper battery charging lead, one that is for your running lights, and one that is ground.  It sounds like you have swapped the two power leads.  If you don't have a digital multimeter (volts/ohms/amperesI that would be a good addition to your tool kit.   You can probe the truck side to find out which are the two power leads.

I am haunted by waters

#4 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

I'm making a leap here in assuming you're talking about an installation using Attwood heavy duty trolling motor connectors and they were installed by FWC.

If so, you may be able to verify you connected the replacement correctly by looking at wire colors.

I've seen an FWC truck-to-camper wiring diagram that shows the Attwood male trolling motor plug on the camper side of the pair has  wire colors yellow, black, and blue.  They're connected to camper-wire colors white, black, and green, respectively.

The female receptacle in the truck bed of course also has wire colors yellow, black, and blue.  Those are shown connected to truck-side wiring colors white, black, and blue, respectively, in the diagram.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#5 bsharp007

bsharp007

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:16 AM

Correct, I managed to pull the Attwood plug out while taking the camper off, I must have wired the plug wrong.  Based on your color code I'll wire it correctly and hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks

I'm making a leap here in assuming you're talking about an installation using Attwood heavy duty trolling motor connectors and they were installed by FWC.

If so, you may be able to verify you connected the replacement correctly by looking at wire colors.

I've seen an FWC truck-to-camper wiring diagram that shows the Attwood male trolling motor plug on the camper side of the pair has  wire colors yellow, black, and blue.  They're connected to camper-wire colors white, black, and green, respectively.

The female receptacle in the truck bed of course also has wire colors yellow, black, and blue.  Those are shown connected to truck-side wiring colors white, black, and blue, respectively, in the diagram.

Will,  2019 Ford F150 with a 2022 Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users