• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up. One of my 4 was affected. I have a wood stove so many fire extinguishers around :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#52 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

I got lucky on the pickup. I had my boxes ready to go. I knew Fed-ex was bring the shocks for my Tundra. When they dropped those off I just gave the driver my labeled boxes.

#53 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Got mine today, jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#54 LLS

LLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Thank you Casa Escarlata Robles Too for starting this thread, I just checked mine. One ok, one recalled.

#55 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

It's great to see how many have signed up for the recall.

I try to tell every one I see about the recall.Not just camping ones.

We all have them in our homes as well.

You have to give credit to the Kidde company for following through with this safty issue.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#56 hoyden

hoyden

Lady Bug

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationCarbondale, IL

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

I got one replacement, but I need to check the numbers on my camper extinguisher.

https://no-destination.org/ .:.  https://razorgirls.org/

2014 Tacoma DCLB + 2015 FWC Fleet

As I get braver I get stronger, and as I get stronger I get braver. It’ a good cycle.

#57 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:16 AM

Found my old one and entered all the information. Apparently mine isn't affected even though it failed to discharge when needed for a campfire in windy conditions. The response on the website is confusing.

kidde-logo.png | Product Safety Recall

Thank you for your submission.

If the item you entered is listed as Unaffected, your extinguisher is not impacted by this recall, thank you for contacting Kidde, and we appreciate your business. For the items listed below as Affected, Kidde will be sending you a replacement Fire Extinguisher of similar or higher fire rating. Replacements should ship within 10-15 business days from your submission. Please retain your existing fire extinguisher unit until your replacement has been received. Upon receipt of your new fire extinguisher you will find instructions on what to do with your affected fire extinguisher.

AFFECTED

Product: H110G Red | Serial: BM-191741

No additional affected products

UNAFFECTED

No additional unaffected products

Edited by ETAV8R, 04 January 2018 - 03:17 AM.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#58 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Got our replacement today- same size as the old one. We packed up the old one in the box provided and my wife delivered it to the FedEx office near home sonce she was going right by there. Surprise- they said they couldn't accept hazardous packages and she would have to take it to the airport location. She asked what would happen if the driver had come to pick it up at our house and the fellow said that was no problem. Go figure. The airport is not far from us so she took it there. The counter person said they had seen quite a few of the fire extinguisher packages.

Edited by takesiteasy, 10 January 2018 - 01:14 AM.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#59 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Got our replacement today- same size as the old one. We packed up the old one in the box provided and my wife delivered it to the FedEx office near home sonce she was going right by there. Surprise- they said they couldn't accept hazardous packages and she would have to take it to the airport location. She asked what would happen if the driver had come to pick it up at our house and the fellow said that was no problem. Go figure. The airport is not far from us so she took it there. The counter person said they had seen quite a few of the fire extinguisher packages.

Many Fed-ex and UPS stores are not really Fed-ex and UPS. They are private post office stores that do business with them. That's what we have here.

I had to send a firearm back for a recall. The local store would take it to ship but wouldn't technically receive it from me. As in no receipt to prove I had dropped it off if something went wrong or disappeared. So I wouldn't leave it. In the same shopping center I saw the Fed-ex truck and flagged the driver down. The package was already labeled. The manufacturer has a contract with Fed-ex and had sent me labels. So I gave it to the driver and he scanned it in while I watched.

Sometimes calling for a home pickup is simplest.

Edited by Squatch, 10 January 2018 - 09:21 PM.

#60 shellback

shellback

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWagontown,PA

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

With your new extinguisher, they supplied an instruction sheet for the return. Call FEDEX, request to speak to an agent, tell them it's hazardous, give them the tracking # on the return label, and they come pick it up at your door. Easy Peasy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users