25 replies to this topic

#1 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hey Everyone,

Im conducting a survey to see what the most popular FWC model, options, and more are. The link below will take you to the survey. Please only take if you are a owner of a FWC not a potential owner.

Its only a few questions and I would be stoked if you took the time to answer. Should take 1 minute or less

Let me know if you have any questions. It doesn't ask for emails or contact info so no spam will happen.

The link.....

https://goo.gl/forms/kpHS9Oes3cTUKyR03

Edited by Pax2525, 19 November 2017 - 07:42 PM.

F150 & FWC

#2 scappoosebrad

scappoosebrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationScappoose, OR

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

Nice job on the survey...hope you can share # of responses, what our found out... good luck on your efforts and decision...

we took over a year to glean what we needed on our camper...our  p/u bed pretty much dictated the model--a Fleet...plus we had no desire to do the work on a shell...so deciding the best components as ex-tent campers to suite us was what guided our decisions... the solar was critical to allow "off-grid" camping--got roof mount as didn't want to deal with "packing/unpacking portable" plus can always add it if needed at a later date...got 2 x 6volt batteries vs. 1x12 volt-- installed after market by Steve in Tigard...told that was the better choice with the solar...it has not disappointed... hot water? no need as we can boil what we need and did NOT want the extra wt / system (more to deal with)... as tent campers, can always find a shower, cold lake, or motel when we need a break after 4 or 5 days...upgraded the fan to the auto / 13 setting with remote control... although haven't used all that much yet, it is convenient to use the remote to control speed/like the auto shut down/close if it starts raining--this has worked well when had rain during the night...the arctic pack liner is definitely a plus--helps both heating and cooling...got the 2-way fridge(1.7 cu.ft) as many complained about the 3-way(using propane) acts up if camper not level / on the move... the 2-way(electric only) does quite well with our solar especially if you do a pre-chill, keep full, set low(1.5 works), etc... we also always take a small cooler for ice/frozen food...furnace--a must and quite efficient (set at 58 to 60 at night)...side-awning a must to expand our outside efforts when camping... back steps...just got a nice $20 folding plastic stool (noted by many in blog) which fits neatly inside when traveling...got the bench seat vs. the side or back seating options which reduce storage space big time/costs more...might revisit this decision again as the side seats looks "convenient"... but satisfied so far with this table decision...ideally we prefer the option to eat outside under the awning or at the campsite's picnic table but using the set up table has been adequate when used for eating inside...camper jacks--almost had to get even though camper "permanent" on our pickup...may have to remove once or twice a year for cleaning...and gas strut roof lift assists were critical with roof solar and wife who usually opens the roof...good investment

That pretty much covers our recent purchase decisions in addition to my answers on your survey... as first time camper buyers, this was all "new to us" but feel we pretty much nailed our choices for our camping needs... got a little carried away but I hope this helps in your decisions...

Brad in Scappoose, OR

#3 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Nice job on the survey...hope you can share # of responses, what our found out... good luck on your efforts and decision...

we took over a year to glean what we needed on our camper...our  p/u bed pretty much dictated the model--a Fleet...plus we had no desire to do the work on a shell...so deciding the best components as ex-tent campers to suite us was what guided our decisions... the solar was critical to allow "off-grid" camping--got roof mount as didn't want to deal with "packing/unpacking portable" plus can always add it if needed at a later date...got 2 x 6volt batteries vs. 1x12 volt-- installed after market by Steve in Tigard...told that was the better choice with the solar...it has not disappointed... hot water? no need as we can boil what we need and did NOT want the extra wt / system (more to deal with)... as tent campers, can always find a shower, cold lake, or motel when we need a break after 4 or 5 days...upgraded the fan to the auto / 13 setting with remote control... although haven't used all that much yet, it is convenient to use the remote to control speed/like the auto shut down/close if it starts raining--this has worked well when had rain during the night...the arctic pack liner is definitely a plus--helps both heating and cooling...got the 2-way fridge(1.7 cu.ft) as many complained about the 3-way(using propane) acts up if camper not level / on the move... the 2-way(electric only) does quite well with our solar especially if you do a pre-chill, keep full, set low(1.5 works), etc... we also always take a small cooler for ice/frozen food...furnace--a must and quite efficient (set at 58 to 60 at night)...side-awning a must to expand our outside efforts when camping... back steps...just got a nice $20 folding plastic stool (noted by many in blog) which fits neatly inside when traveling...got the bench seat vs. the side or back seating options which reduce storage space big time/costs more...might revisit this decision again as the side seats looks "convenient"... but satisfied so far with this table decision...ideally we prefer the option to eat outside under the awning or at the campsite's picnic table but using the set up table has been adequate when used for eating inside...camper jacks--almost had to get even though camper "permanent" on our pickup...may have to remove once or twice a year for cleaning...and gas strut roof lift assists were critical with roof solar and wife who usually opens the roof...good investment

That pretty much covers our recent purchase decisions in addition to my answers on your survey... as first time camper buyers, this was all "new to us" but feel we pretty much nailed our choices for our camping needs... got a little carried away but I hope this helps in your decisions...

Brad in Scappoose, OR

Thanks for the in depth response, ill try and find some key findings to share once I have a decent amount of data. Cheers!

F150 & FWC

#4 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

My Eagle is a shell with side dinette, it won't let me check both so I can't play.  Ron

#5 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Great survey looking forward to the results. I bought a shell but made a side dinette out of it, so I checked side dinette. Good question would have been if you bought a shell do you use it as a shell or did you build it got to a  ................?

#6 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

Great survey looking forward to the results. I bought a shell but made a side dinette out of it, so I checked side dinette. Good question would have been if you bought a shell do you use it as a shell or did you build it got to a  ................?

Alright, slightly altered for those Shell owners who want to give more details, thanks for the suggestions!

F150 & FWC

#7 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Still no workie. It's an Eagle shell with factory dinette.

Edited by nikonron, 20 November 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#8 PokyBro

PokyBro

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

Do you want those of us who did rebuilds that are updated to respond? I hope so, because I did with it's original age, but with the configuration it is now.

Poky

1999 F250 crew cab SRW, 7.3 Powerstroke TD

1981 Grandby shortened to a Hawk

Build thread / https://www.wanderth...by-into-a-hawk/

#9 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Do you want those of us who did rebuilds that are updated to respond? I hope so, because I did with it's original age, but with the configuration it is now.

Poky

its all good, the idea is to see what people are buying/desire etc 

Thanks for filling it out

F150 & FWC

#10 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

Still no workie. It's an Eagle shell with factory dinette.

I don't know how to edit the answer to allow both so I added an extra questions for shell owners where you could explain that. Sorry 

F150 & FWC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users