Photo
- - - - -

Weighing my FWC options (shell vs standard; fleet vs swift; now vs later) help talk me through it please

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

I think I pay tax either way. But I’m sure CA sales tax is higher. Either way I’ll keep this thread updated

#22 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

You will pay out the WAZ taking delivery in CA. Delivery and install at a dealer will be cheaper. Also the dealer will wire the camper to truck and do the install, in addition to spending several hours going over everything with you. jd

Edited by longhorn1, 26 November 2017 - 10:50 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#23 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the explanation Longhorn1 good to know!

#24 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

So had another big delopment. Talked to my lender and they claim they can get me the loan against the value of my truck for 1.74-2.99% depending on the duration. So if that’s true I’ll go ahead and order. Just gotta hit up AT overland and climb inside one and make sure I’ll be happy in it. But I’m 99.9% I’m gonna do it.

#25 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:37 AM

can anyone tell me how tall above the cab the truck will sit?  I need to figure out what I'm gonna do about my garage. I'm praying it will fit but need to think of a plan B

#26 Sir Walter

Sir Walter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

So had another big delopment. Talked to my lender and they claim they can get me the loan against the value of my truck for 1.74-2.99% depending on the duration. So if that’s true I’ll go ahead and order. Just gotta hit up AT overland and climb inside one and make sure I’ll be happy in it. But I’m 99.9% I’m gonna do it.

Wow, that’s an insanely good deal for an RV loan. Jump on it. I tried to finance a private party purchase last month and my bank had no freaking idea how to deal with a “vehicle” that didn’t come with a title and only had a manufactures statement of origin. Not trying to scare you, but just get your financing dialed in before you commit to a down payment. I’m in Washington and we have some dumb rules here regarding slide in truck campers so you’ll hopefully have an easier experience in AZ.

#27 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Wow, that’s an insanely good deal for an RV loan. Jump on it. I tried to finance a private party purchase last month and my bank had no freaking idea how to deal with a “vehicle” that didn’t come with a title and only had a manufactures statement of origin. Not trying to scare you, but just get your financing dialed in before you commit to a down payment. I’m in Washington and we have some dumb rules here regarding slide in truck campers so you’ll hopefully have an easier experience in AZ.

yeah it's a good deal, but they don't see it as an RV loan, just as an auto refinance. Similar to a home equity loan I suppose. Which you would think would be a much cheaper rate than loaning the full value of a used vehicle but whatever works. So I won't get my truck title this month like I hoped but I'll have the title to the camper from the start so there's that.

#28 drewdown

drewdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

I'm also trying not to finance anything that can be added later. This includes mechanical camper jacks. Am I crazy for this? I feel like I'll want it on the truck for the first few months at least. (if it fits in my garage which after searching the forum I think it will). Can 4-6 people lift the camper onto a dolly? Has to be some kind of way!

#29 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

I'm also trying not to finance anything that can be added later. This includes mechanical camper jacks. Am I crazy for this? I feel like I'll want it on the truck for the first few months at least. (if it fits in my garage which after searching the forum I think it will). Can 4-6 people lift the camper onto a dolly? Has to be some kind of way!

I would look into borrowing a set of jacks. Most of us have them off most of the time.  See if anyone has a camper near you. If you see a camper not just a pop up in your area talk to the owner about borrowing or renting their jacks. 

#30 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

That is a good loan offer. My interest rate is much higher but my initial cost isn't the same as yours will be.

Just went to measure my camper unloaded. It is ~88". Four inches higher than my last measurement. Guess I should have measured after the most recent suspension work. Another reason to have airbags is to allow the camper to squat down a bit if trying to fit in a garage. Definitely something to think about. My old apartment would not let me leave my camper in my carport even though I could still back the truck in and use the space. In my current living situation it isn't an issue. Get the Jacks. Better to have them and not need them.

Edited by ETAV8R, 27 November 2017 - 07:32 AM.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users