Photo
- - - - -

What Brand is the 160 watt Solar Panel FWC Provides?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK Canada

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

I am installing a 100 W panel on Saturday, I was told 100 W was enough to keep up with the compressor fridge (80 liter), if not I’ll add a second panel

#22 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

I am installing a 100 W panel on Saturday, I was told 100 W was enough to keep up with the compressor fridge (80 liter), if not I’ll add a second panel

I ran the 100 watt Renogy panel with my 65qt ARB and it kept up so good I didn’t shut my fridge off for over a year; and my truck isn’t my daily driver

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

#23 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:23 PM

I ran the 100 watt Renogy panel with my 65qt ARB and it kept up so good I didn’t shut my fridge off for over a year; and my truck isn’t my daily driver

my understanding is that if you don’t use the furnace a lot, 100 W should be more than enough to run the compressor fridge and never run out of battery, if not, like I said, I can add another hundred watt solar panel

#24 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

my understanding is that if you don’t use the furnace a lot, 100 W should be more than enough to run the compressor fridge and never run out of battery, if not, like I said, I can add another hundred watt solar panel

I have no experience at all with a Furnace and how much it consumes but I guess I’m about to learn! Hahaha!

I am currently planning my solar setup and due to (2) panels not fitting easily with dual fans, I am going to start with the 175w NewPowa panel as it seems to get amazing reviews. I sold my (2) Renogy panels with my camper shell I just sold.

I am thinking I’m going to have my camper 100% separated from the truck, electrically anyway and want it to be self sufficient.

It’s personal preference but I’m a firm believer in the rigid panels. I know the weight difference, but I’ve had nothing but great experiences with them.

Are you running single bats or dual batts otto?

My .02

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

#25 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

I have no experience at all with a Furnace and how much it consumes but I guess I’m about to learn! Hahaha!

I am currently planning my solar setup and due to (2) panels not fitting easily with dual fans, I am going to start with the 175w NewPowa panel as it seems to get amazing reviews. I sold my (2) Renogy panels with my camper shell I just sold.

I am thinking I’m going to have my camper 100% separated from the truck, electrically anyway and want it to be self sufficient.

It’s personal preference but I’m a firm believer in the rigid panels. I know the weight difference, but I’ve had nothing but great experiences with them.

My .02

dual batteries, We normally don’t Boondock for more than three or four days, I can almost get four days now out of two batteries fully charged without solar, so I’m relatively sure 100 W of solar will extend my time dry camping to 5 to 7 days or so, which is more than enough

#26 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

My .02

I also agree with you on the rigid panels versus flexible panels, but I’m so overweight now that I don’t wanna add any more unnecessary weight, so I’m going to try the flexible panel to see how long it lasts, I just talked to a guy today who had his flexible solar panels on his roof for over two years, and he said they are working perfectly

#27 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Solar panel installed, I had a little bit of trouble with the polarity on the plug sticking up from the roof, it was what I considered backwards, it was the opposite of the rear one at the back of the camper, I was able to pull the back one out by the back door, and look at the red and white wires, I assumed (wrongly) the roof one was the same, but it wasn’t, it was the opposite, luckily my solar controller could handle reversed polarity, I spliced the wires in the reverse order and everything works perfectly

#28 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

IMG_5718.JPG

#29 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts