7 replies to this topic

#1 flyboykev

flyboykev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Wanted to share my idea to mount a hi-lift jack, axe, shovel and rotopax 3 gallon gas pack on my 10' CO.

I used Galvanized 10' Uni-strut bolted lengthwise to my front and rear jack stand supports.

I used Dominion Off-Road accessory supports to secure the axe and shovel and just through-bolted the hi-lift jack.

I used a Kryptonite bike lock through the jack support and hi-lift to prevent theft.

The rotopax gas pack has a universal mounting system with cylinder type key locks and this will allow me to install 3-4 more. They swivel so you can gravity feed the tanks.

I also mounted a beer opener as a conversation piece for my fellow camping friends.

Happy to provide more details for product or design.

flyboykev

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

#2 hangster

hangster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

very clean and presentable ..bravo

#3 popRoid

popRoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:10 AM

Awesome setup.  I have been researching how to add a bit of exterior storage to my 10' Alaskan cabover which is just now entering production.  Thanks much !

2018 10' Alaskan Cabover/2017 Ford  F350 Dually Diesel

#4 flyboykev

flyboykev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

I hear ya popRoid,

I did some additional mods to carry an extra propane tank, generator and gas cans on the front instead of inside the camper by installing a class 3 Curt hitch and Curt folding cargo basket. I recently added two high visibility snowplow markers on the cargo basket so I don't hit anything with it. I know it looks like the Beverly Hillbillies rolling down the road :D but who cares!

I also put a class 5 Curt hitch on the rear, cut and welded a receiver extender to go flush with the back of the dropped tailgate and installed a swing away bike rack that allows me to swing/secure the bikes to the side, keep them locked and be able to go in and out of the camper.

I contacted Curt Engineering and gave them dimensions of my new extended receiver using ALL Curt components and they spec'd my new tongue weight and tow capacity for this set up.

lessons learned:

do a full load test at your local garbage transfer station scale house, front axle, rear axle and total GVWR. I realized even though my cargo basket has a 500lb rating, I could only carry 300 lbs to not exceed my front axle weight rating.

flyboykev

IMG_9414.JPG

IMG_9357.JPG

IMG_9353.JPG

Edited by flyboykev, 21 January 2018 - 05:04 PM.

#5 bajarick

bajarick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Hello flyboykev! I'm looking to make my roof rack more useable. What did you put up there? Looks much more substantial. Any pics of that?

Thanks,

Rick

#6 flyboykev

flyboykev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

Rick

the roof rack is a self-launching & retrieval boat rack.

see attached pictures.

Alaskan Camper did the install.

you could probably just buy the frame work from the WA company listed on the picture and do the install yourself?

flyboykev

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7861.JPG
  • IMG_8305.JPG

Edited by flyboykev, 13 February 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#7 XJINTX

XJINTX

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationEddy, TX

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Nice setup!!! I'd be swearing a lot if I mounted a shovel like that... I'd constantly be walking into it :(

#8 bajarick

bajarick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

Thanks flyboy! If I was trying to get a tin boat up there it would be the way to go. I just have a kayak and looking for more space for a moveable solar panel and maybe a storage pod.  I want to beef up what's up there now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users